Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1900dr

1900dr
Just wanted to know when will USAir hire again? Flew for one of the express carriers years ago. Currently flying jets of the west coast for a charter company. Anyone with a timeline? would greatly appreciate that.

1900dr

Coming.

I would also call it US Airways on your resume.

BTW... been there, done that... you can have my T-Shirt.

Ironic that they actually did give us tee shirts at the end of indoc.

Guys, it's just a forum. I've made A's and B's in high school and college for English/Literature courses. I don't have to be proper here. + spell check is available to me if I miss something. But thanks for you info.

Furlough list is pretty much exhausted,former AWA pool- ies were called and are sitting in EM190 class as we speak. (Just came back from the training center and saw them sitting in indoc with myown 2 eyes for allyou doubting Thomas' out there). Spoke with one of our asst Chief Pilots this past Saturday and they are waiting on approval to hire 420 total (both east and west) for calendar year 2008. That's the good news. The bad news is I think the USAir culture is going to prevail going forward;ie it's gonna be a miserable place to work. I strongly recommend that you think twice about working here, especially now that Delta United Northwest and Continental are all taking applications again. There is a lot of ill-will and hard feelings starting to fester below the surface which will probably take years to overcome,if at all .

PHXFLYR

Furlough list is pretty much exhausted,former AWA pool- ies were called and are sitting in EM190 class as we speak. (Just came back from the training center and saw them sitting in indoc with myown 2 eyes for allyou doubting Thomas' out there). Spoke with one of our asst Chief Pilots this past Saturday and they are waiting on approval to hire 420 total (both east and west) for calendar year 2008. That's the good news. The bad news is I think the USAir culture is going to prevail going forward;ie it's gonna be a miserable place to work. I strongly recommend that you think twice about working here, especially now that Delta United Northwest and Continental are all taking applications again. There is a lot of ill-will and hard feelings starting to fester below the surface which will probably take years to overcome,if at all .

PHXFLYR

So, even though AWA poolies are currently sitting in E190 class for the East, newbies will be hired for the West in the future... Will the AWA poolies be able to bid back to the West if they prefer that in the near term or will they be trapped in the East? Flying that E190 out of delay-heavy and screwy PHL for such low pay each and every day would be terrible IMO... PHL airport sucks!!!!!

If I were an AWA poolie, I'd much prefer a 737 or Airbus seat out of PHX or LAS rather than the E190 out of PHL any day.

Last edited:
Not too sure,but if I had to venture a guess I kind of doubt it and here's why. These guys (and one gal) were original AWA poolies waiting for a class date with AWA in PHX. Most of them live out west. But with the poor furlough recall rate on the east side,additional 190's on the way, and nobody back east bidding the vacant F/O seats (and rightly so), they offered class dates to the poolies with the understanding that it would be for the EM 190 out of PHL. I'm not sure what the seatlock is on the airplane,but I do know they were placed on the east senority list and not ours. Now keep in mind ,we are basically one airline operating with 2 pilot seniority lists. (Thank you, Mr. Prater,may I have another Mr. Prater??:rolleyes: ) With them being placed on the east senority list,and with the easties going out of the way to keep the operations seperate, then they have no chance of getting back to PHX as the situation currently exists. If by some fluke,we move beyond this current logjam ,get a joint contract and with them being placed on the east senority list ,they will be so far down the seniority totem pole that it would take years for them to hold anything in PHX, provided any positions become available for bid. Not good if you were hoping to be PHX based any time soon.On the plus side,they'll have access to an endless supply of Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches once the "culture shock" of living there wears off!!;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
.....If I were an AWA poolie, I'd much prefer a 737 or Airbus seat out of PHX or LAS rather than the E190 out of PHL any day.[/quote]

Me,too ...and I live back east,believe it or not!:eek:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back