• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comming to USAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Six..the short answer (I understand), is that the new hires going to the right seat of the E190 are seat locked for a year. When the list is accepted and delivered and when a joint contract is achieved...the new hires can bid out of the E190 right seat to what ever their seniority number can hold. Regards.

You know, you keep throwing out that blanket comment. How about putting up some numbers. From just glancing at the list. about 90% of our capts will be retired within 7 years or so. That's a litttle over 1600 or so capt positions gone. And well with the seniority as you want to have merged, those positions will go to the west guys, and then YES, the majority of US retirements will be f/o's as they were denied the ability to fill those vacancies from the capt's above.

So please, List how many capts retire in the next 5 years, and how many f/o's...

Counting real quick. In the next 5 years. US has 800 or so Capts retire. Around maybe 100 f/o's retire.

West side has, somewhere less than 400 Capts retire. And a handful of f/o's.

So how is 100 f/o's more retirements than 800 capts?

You know you keep on throwing out false numbers. I've seen the list full list which shows those on disability. It's nice you can even throw in different retirement ages ie 65 and it recalculates. To come up with your numbers I think I'd have to set mandatory retirement at 50:rolleyes: .

Your talking about pilots here. Majority of them chase the $$$$$. I've seen guys commute from alaska and hawaii for a crappy non-sked freight dog job out of miami.

So your trying to say that an f/o out west won't look at going east if they can upgrade 2-5 years sooner??? for what. 30k more/year or so???

Don't know and we may never find out

Wanna bet??

PHXFLYR:cool:

Well working off the last bid, There are 1253 active capt. positions. Of that, I counted approx. 800 capt. retirements, or about 64%.

So again, instead of coming up with something you simply state a blanket statement.

Oh yeah, the list I was working off, had those on disability and management as blank positions. So there might be some more, as Check Pilots that are going to retire, aren't listed on there.....

Well working off the last bid, There are 1253 active capt. positions. Of that, I counted approx. 800 capt. retirements, or about 64%.

So again, instead of coming up with something you simply state a blanket statement.

Oh yeah, the list I was working off, had those on disability and management as blank positions. So there might be some more, as Check Pilots that are going to retire, aren't listed on there.....

Over what time span was this based on?

Latest resources

Back