Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Coming up on 94 hours of Standby for the Month.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Websters:

there - –adverb 1.in or at that place (opposed to here): She is there now. 2.at that point in an action, speech, etc.: He stopped there for applause. 3.in that matter, particular, or respect: His anger was justified there. 4.into or to that place; thither: We went there last year. 5.(used by way of calling attention to something or someone): There they go. 6.in or at that place where you are: Well, hi there. –pronoun 7.(used to introduce a sentence or clause in which the verb comes before its subject or has no complement): There is no hope. 8.that place: He comes from there, too. 9.that point. –noun 10.that state or condition: I'll introduce you to her, but you're on your own from there on. –adjective 11.(used for emphasis, esp. after a noun modified by a demonstrative adjective): Ask that man there. –interjection 12.(used to express satisfaction, relief, encouragement, approval, consolation, etc.): There! It's done.

their - 1 : of or relating to them or themselves especially as possessors, agents, or objects of an action <their furniture> <their verses> <their being seen>

didn't they go over this in class today kman?

Well guess you got me on the grammar u win! Guess im too fatigued from all that standby.

Just like all the other spelling Nazis, you avoid the orginal topic.

BTW your copy and paste skillz from the internet are amazing.

Last edited:
:bawling:
eck24.gif

Sitting standby 12 hours a day at TEB sucks, yes. However if you have kids like me, the quiet time to read, surf the net, snooze, or whatever the hell else I want to do is GREAT when you've been running around like a chicken without a head for a week. I'm just thankful to have a job. Does this mean I agree with everything that scheduling does and that it doesn't piss me off sometimes? No and No. However, they do have their reasons most of the time. Just be glad that you have a job!

I agree. Make the best of any time you have - anywhere! My wife would love to switch with me! She only needs one of those pesky ATP thingys.

Sitting standby 12 hours a day at TEB sucks, yes. However if you have kids like me, the quiet time to read, surf the net, snooze, or whatever the hell else I want to do is GREAT when you've been running around like a chicken without a head for a week. I'm just thankful to have a job. Does this mean I agree with everything that scheduling does and that it doesn't piss me off sometimes? No and No. However, they do have their reasons most of the time. Just be glad that you have a job!

Heck be glad you have a lounge chair, or be glad they put you in a hotel, or be glad they give you food, or be glad you get 10hrs.

Please get real....

Smoke,

I have noticed a big difference in philosophy lately from your department. Spent a couple days on duty at home and went home early one tour. It's not going unnoticed. Because of that, I am more rested and have a better attitude when the red-eyes or the multiple five leg days come up.

I have noticed a big difference in philosophy lately from your department. Spent a couple days on duty at home and went home early one tour. It's not going unnoticed. Because of that, I am more rested and have a better attitude when the red-eyes or the multiple five leg days come up.

Shocking if you treat us like humans and adults not robots and idiots amazing things can happen.

It's just the typical 400 FO sitting at home while they continue to use Capt/capt pairings. I wonder why I haven't seen any of this benefit in the 400 fleet?

Latest resources

Back