comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question for the General:

In Retrospect: How low would your rates have gone is you'd known that E190s and E170 were in the mix for DL connection. Keeping these planes on a mainline list I think is critical. Would you bring 767 rates down to United's to control the 70 to 100 seat flying? Just wondering, cause the genie is way out of the bottle now. DL was our benchmark, but now its ASTAR.

HoursHore said:
Question for the General:

In Retrospect: How low would your rates have gone is you'd known that E190s and E170 were in the mix for DL connection. Keeping these planes on a mainline list I think is critical. Would you bring 767 rates down to United's to control the 70 to 100 seat flying? Just wondering, cause the genie is way out of the bottle now. DL was our benchmark, but now its ASTAR.

Well, we would have negotiated anything that would have replaced our 737-200s, and I think the E190 would have. I don't know if ALPA national would have wanted to try for the E170s (back then), because they have to balance everything with the regional guys. (I wouldn't mind flying one) Now a days, I think ALPA would negotiate for them because we are losing jobs to them. I don't think we would have started with the Jetblue rates (that low), but we would have gone maybe a little lower than the 737-200s (maybe the old Express rates). I don't know. All I do know is that ALPA has negotiated for a split fleet (Air Canada---CR9s to Jazz and E175s and E190s to mainline AC), and maybe that is the best we could hope for. They were in the Canadian form of Chap 11 also.

Would we bring down the 767 rates to keep the E190 flying? I bet we would. But, that could be for Song only, or Domestic while INTL still stays higher. There are a lot of ways to skin a cat according to management, and I bet ALPA will play ball. Who knows? But, we need to keep some mainline jobs around...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Lee, please tell me how we can scope anything that is "yours". If we had that power it would be very helpful to us in our next contract. Even if we are dealing with Mesa, imagine how happy they would be when we tell them we can just scope Delta and CHQ.

So please Lee tell us how we do this, after all, all we what is some control over our lives.

By the way, you were right again, it reaks.

cmrflyer said:
Lee, please tell me how we can scope anything that is "yours". If we had that power it would be very helpful to us in our next contract. Even if we are dealing with Mesa, imagine how happy they would be when we tell them we can just scope Delta and CHQ.

So please Lee tell us how we do this, after all, all we what is some control over our lives.

By the way, you were right again, it reaks.

It really does reak, I eat a lot of Wendy's. You could have scoped the other regionals. You could have kept more of the regional flying for yourself. That easily could have been yours, but you went for the cash. Now it is frozen, and DCI has gained CHQ and Mesa since your contract. We wouldn't have objected to you guys scoping your RJ flights. We said unlimted 50 seaters and a limited amount of 70 seaters----so we didn't care at the time who owned them. Now we do, because DL has been buying them out of our pockets----and look at our financial shape now. But, back then when things were good, we didn't care, and never thought a 9-11 could happen. Amazing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

cmrflyer said:
Again explain how we can scope what you keep on saying is yours and only yours?

Again, we have allowed unlimited 50 seaters. That is yours. So, you could have tried to keep it all by adding scope to your contract for a little less money. But, you did not. You went for the money shot. What we think is "ours" (and hopefully will stay ours---probably not) is flying over 70 seats. You got all of the 50 seat flying. Since your contract settlement, CHQ has added E145s and E135s to MCO and FLL (also IND and CMH flying)(plus some E170s to SLC). Mesa will add 30 E145s to MCO. Got it?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
One thing you all need to look at is this:

Comair has some HOT chicks flying the RJ's, of course this is because United isn't hiring. Delta has some pretty ugly gals flying the big boeings, so don't knock the RJ kids flying the "Ken and Barbie fun Jet"

At least Comair provides me with some "up lifiting" motivation to move my a$$ through CVG.

Sonny Crockett said:
One thing you all need to look at is this:

Comair has some HOT chicks flying the RJ's, of course this is because United isn't hiring. Delta has some pretty ugly gals flying the big boeings, so don't knock the RJ kids flying the "Ken and Barbie fun Jet"

At least Comair provides me with some "up lifiting" motivation to move my a$$ through CVG.

Good one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I am so sorry Lee, but for the past three plus years you have been going on about how all flying done by delta, dci and song belongs to delta pilots. That is why i was so shocked to find out that we can protect something that is yours. Get it.
Bye Bye- Gimp Lee

GOOD LORD!!!!!!

ALL OF YALL SHUT THE HELL UP BEFORE I HE-B!TCH MAN SLAP ALL OF YOU! :D

TAKE SOME MIDOL...VAGISIL

SOMETHING!!!!!

Latest resources

Back