• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair vs. ACA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not understand all the hostility. AFELLOWAVIATOR is actually right. I run into pilots at Comair every day with his same opinion.

Like I sad, we do not hate you guys, we just want the flying to be done in house. That is no different than any other pilot group. Who knows, maybe Delta will buy you guys one day and we will be part of the same team.

Hey Sligo1,

Lighten up a little bit there brother. I didn't even give my opinion as to the merits of AFELLOWAVIATORs post. I just didn't agree that the tone of his original post on this thread was particularly offensive.

I have no beef with ACA other than a little friendly economic competition for the DAL dollar. Every ACA pilot I met seemed to be a decent sort. You guys look like a fine outfit. Take it easy. Slow down. Breath in. Breath out.

Lose the caps too. That is offensive.

WAFU AND SLIGO,

What is your problem? Is it a schocking revelation that we at Comair do not want contract carriers doing the flying we would be doing other wise?? Do you live in a cave?

What the hell did you think? That we love the fact that you are doing as of Nov.1 84 flights a day out of CVG that we used to do?

I don't understand why this is so shocking to you guys.

Yes, we were once an independent airline, but we are not now. We , with mainline and ASA make up the Delta family, and we would like to do the Delta flying with out outsiders doing any.

I don't care if that offends you, it is just the way it is. Get a life.

goodpilotithink said:
Like I sad, we do not hate you guys, we just want the flying to be done in house. That is no different than any other pilot group. Who knows, maybe Delta will buy you guys one day and we will be part of the same team.

I think that statement has something to do with it. AFELLOW is whining and complaining about contract carriers and how we are the scurge of the Earth, etc, when, until less than 2 years ago, he was doing the same thing. DAL was using a contract carrier, COMAIR, to farm out flying that wasn't economical for a mainline aircraft to do. Now, DAL is using a contract carrier, ACA (and skywest and CHQ) to farm out flying that isn't economical for COMASA/DAL to do.

To bytch about us is labeling him (or her) a hypocrite (sp?).

I hate to say it, but "Now you know how the mainline pilots feel. Management is using us to screw you over just like they've used you to screw mainline pilots over for 20 years."

AVIATOR, I sincencerely hope you work out a way to get rid of the contract carriers. It would most definately be better for COMASA pilots (and DAL pilots if y'all get a system seniority list worked out) in the long run. Heck, DAL might even buy us, and when we merge into the COMASACA seniority list, we might actually get to fly together.... :D

Cheers,

Patriot
CVG CA

PATRIOT,

I cannot argue with any thing you sad. That is just the way things are.

I would love to work with you some day, as long as we are on the same team.

My tone would be diff. if we were still a contract carrier, but we are not, plane and simple.

hmm...

what i find interesting, is that no one is backing mr fellowaviator in this forum, and i know there are comair guys in here...

my 2 cents

p.s. choose aca..hehe

WALKTHASKY'

Actually, if you read my post, and ANACONDA AND CAVEMAN, you will see a little bit of support .
'
As I and others have said, he is not in the minority at Comair when it comes to this topic. We would rather the flying be done in house. That really is not that unusual. It does not mean we don't like you guys personally, but rather we don't like the fact that you are flying DAL routes.

Hell, I have a lot of contact with your pilots, and never show them any disrespect. But we all hope Delta converts all the flying in house sooner than later.

All this chat back and forth between ACA pilots and Comair pilots is probally only raising blood pressures. All in all, we are all in the same game now. For all you Comair guys that believe your part of the "DAL family", do you really think that when company starts using the RJ to replace main line routes, you'll be welcomed with understanding by big brothers at mainline? Its no different at ACA, no matter whos routes your flying you will piss off the main line pilots, believe me I didn't like the fact I could loose my job to our "company" owned regional carrier. Oh well things happened and I'm just happy to still be flying. This chat can go back and forth with no winners just feelings by both sides- we should all understand airlines are in business to try and make money, they don't care about their pilots feelings. Look at AMR and Eagle (company owned) now the company has figured out how to save cash by contracting to TSA, and who ever else will save them money. Don't think that is just an evil deed done by AMR, it will follow with others, hopefully it won't be you.

SLIGO,

You call me a loose cannon? I have a bad attitude? Where do you get that from?

As you can see, other Comair pilots on this board have backed up my statements 100%. We are in nothing together, we work for seperate airlines. It is called competition, and my views on contractors is just that, my views.

We want our airline to prosper. You want yours to. What is so insane about that?

FACt: aca IS A CONTRACT CARRIER.
FACT: Comair is a wholly owned, a part of the Delta family.
FACT: ACA does flying under contract to Delta.
FACT: Comair pilots would rather that flying be done by airlines within the Delta family.
FACT: If it were, there would be more pilot bases and promotions for pilots within the Delta family.

Once again, I do not see where any of this would be a shock to a pilot who flys for a contract carrier. Well, if this is all news to you guys, I'm sorry to be the one who had to break it to you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back