• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair vs. ACA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
afellowaviator, as you seem to know so much and as my days as an ACA captain are apparently numbered, you can be my new best friend if you just tell me what nextweeks lotto numbers are going to be in Illinois. Thanks D**K !!

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
A proposal is being presented to the three MEC'S that if adopted, would require an acceleration of the process.

as a fellow OH pilot, can you explain to me why i should drink from that kool-aid???

[Originally posted by AFELLOWAVIATOR [/i]

Contract carriers like ACA are used to divide and conquer pilot groups .

Okay let me ask you this. You obviously have been drinking the Delta Kool Aid for quite some time cause us 'contract carriers' are just bottom feeders.

Delta sees some opportunity to grow but realizes they are going to need 100 aircraft plus pilots in order to facilitate this. You probably already know since you're in the training dept Comair can't wake up the next day and put this plan into action. If they said they could they'd be fools and would fall flat on their face (on time, completion etc.). Sooooo Delta looks around at other establised airlines who may be able to help Delta expand their markets - enter the contract carrier. According to you, our days are numbered until Comair and ASA can fill all the routes with their own aircraft and pilots, what a gravy train that will be. Until then the contract carrier will hold the route for you. In return for making you're future even brighter you can no nothing better than sh*t on us. Think about it.

It doesn't really matter anyway, anytime a Comair CRJ pulls up I always have a chat with the crew and find them to be terrific people. Usually they like a tour of the Door knob. I know your an exception to them and don't reflect the pilot group.

This thread started out as a person trying to decide between COMAIR and aca. I offered my opinion, and for some reason, it offended some people. I am only repeating what I hear at Comair day in and day out.

Alot of Delta and Comair and ASA pilots put a proposal together for the Union. The proposals purpose, among other things, is to accelerate the process of getting rid of contract carriers. It is not just me.

I have stated what I feel, and some here have turned it into a personal battle. I have been treated very rudely, but not one of you has had one thing to offer that would prove my statements wrong.

WE DO NOT WANT CONTRACT CARRIERS FLYING DELTA SYSTEM ROUTES. Is that sooooo hard to understand? I am an ass for not only thinking this, but stateing it too?? Give me a break.

well, it's probably best left to another thread, or a PM, but i was referring to the "proposal" you talked about, and why i should go for it...

unless i'm reading it wrong, it looks like good things for delta pilots and nothing for me...

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
What I am saying is fact. Go on with your childess blaa blaa blaa all you want. ACA's days are limited. What a bunch of idiots.\

I will not respond to a bunch of morons any more. aca is a contract carrier. Not much future there. DELTA can opt out any time with a 90 day notice. Why do you think they have that clause in the contract?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Why are you still talking to us morons?

Afellowaviator

Comair has now joined a list with these great companies. Why are you bashing a carrier for doing what your company did for 18 years.

1. Piedmont
2. PSA
3. Allegheny
4. American Eagle

What makes you think Delta what do to you what USAir and American have done with their red headed step children. The bottom line is dollars and cents. I am so glad I don't fly for Comair because the thought of being on a 5 day trip with you makes me want to puke.

ACA all the way

anaconda,

I was very skeptical myself, but at least something is in the works. My problem with it was the Delta furloughees coming onboard ahead of current pilots on our list. Sounded too much like j4j to me, but if eventually all new hires at Delta were from our ranks, it may work..

I have made a lot of enemies here, I really did not intend to, but I guess they did not like what I have had to say. I'm actually a pretty likable guy. I have had many, many FO's tell me I was one of there favorite Captains to fly with.

cock n bull

We make too much money for them to screw up our company....

I know the truth hurts, but everything I have said is factual. No, it is not personel, just business.

Again , WE DO NOT WANT ANY CONTRACT CARRIERS DOING ANY DELTA SYSTEM FLYING. WE DO NOT WANT YOU........WE WANT OUR AIRLINE TO GROW, WE WANT OUR PILOTS TO UPGRADE, WE WANT OUR PEOPLE TO PROSPER....GEEEEEEEEEZ Take it personal if you want, I don't care, you would feel the same way..When you kids grow up, you will learn life aint fair.. deal with it.

Is this sooooo hard to understand????What do you want us to say," HEY LEO, COULD YOU PLEASE BRING IN ANOTHER CONTRACT CARRIER SO OUR CAREERS WILL STAGNATE SOME MORE, SO OUR FO'S WILL NEED EVEN MORE YEARS TO UPGRADE, SO WE WILL WILL HAVE FEWER BASES??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back