Comair vs. ACA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
acaTerry said:
My freinds at CMR also tell me that some of CMR's 11 off minimum that you can be called out. Sounds like reserve to me.

Oh, BTW, Anaconda...didn't I tell you about 2 months ago to get that army stuff off your profile? Jarheads rule! LOL

i think what your friends at comair meant is that four of your 11 days off are "movable" days off that can be shifted by the company. you can't be called out on a day off.

12% of $34.54 (2nd yr FO pay) would be 4.15...which is more than the difference between that pay scale and 2nd year 70-seater pay. not by much, but i'm tired of hearing that it's 12%...

spent the last three weeks in sim tng and one thing i can say is that the sim instructors know absolutely nothing more than anyone else when it comes to this industry...i got so sick of listing to their b.s. in the breakroom i would have to get up and leave...

as for the marines, well, i told you my impression of quantico back then as well, so i'll be leaving my army profile up...

Last edited:
Anaconda allow me a small clarification of the moveable days off. This applies only to pilots on reserve. What a regular line holder is awarded for days off does not change unless you are junior manned. I know you know that but the way your post was written it could be misunderstood. Cheers...

I stand Corrected

Yes, I got it a bit mixed up there about the CRJ 70 mseat rates.
I still think AFELLOWAVIATOR is bitter and isolated however.

Anaconda, hope you get to keep flying people instead of heading off somewhere where you are being shot at!

For the record,

calling AFELLOWAVIATOR a moron was not based soley on his first post in this thread. Some of you that have more time than me to browse these boards can do a search for many of his posts. Not only will you find name calling but many contradictions in his "FACTS" only to go on to state "Its my opinion"

Truthfully? i think the guy needs to see a shrink...lol

too funny...

I also find it hard to believe he is who he says he is. Im guessing MAYBE, at the most, a second yr FO at Comair (but im also thinking someone fresh out of IOE). Not many 8 year (let alone 4 or 5 yr) pilots at Comair are so gung ho about the company as he is. Most pilots that were there before Delta bought them, then during the strike, would not have his stance on the issues he feels so strongly about (and then go on to contradict himself).

and thats all i have to say about that... (yes, this is from a movie too Afellowaviator... lol is this guy serious?)

I am pretty sure I know afellowaviator. I will see if it is who I think it is when I go to work tonite.

Actually, he could be a little more tactful, but most of what he says about Comair pilots feelings on the contract carriers is right on.

No one at Comair hates you guys, we would just rather all the feeder flying be done in house. I too have heard from a lot of sources that Delta plans on doing it all in house, but that ia more than a few years away. In the mean time we all need to work together as if you were in house.

RJPilott said:
I also find it hard to believe he is who he says he is. Im guessing MAYBE, at the most, a second yr FO at Comair (but im also thinking someone fresh out of IOE). Not many 8 year (let alone 4 or 5 yr) pilots at Comair are so gung ho about the company as he is. Most pilots that were there before Delta bought them, then during the strike, would not have his stance on the issues he feels so strongly about (and then go on to contradict himself).

respectfully i would have to disagree with you. i run across pilots on a daily basis that feel exactly as he does...both senior and junior...

Someone about 6 or so posts ago made a good point. It is OK for the likes of AFELLOWAVIATOR to hate the contract pilots, but it was good enough for THEM to be contract pilots a few years ago. And back then it was the mainline guys who were the bad ones because the mainline had bitter feelings toward the CMR guys. Well, now the shoe is on the other foot and they know what the mainline guys feel like.
This is what I love about this airline stuff, everyone hates somebody. Come on y'all, enough bashing eachother. We're all in the same boat one way or the other.

Originally posted by treetop
Where do you want to live?

ACA has more pilot bases than Comair...I can't remember them all...maybe a Blue Ridger could chime in here. I think they are: BOS, LGA, DCA, ORD & CVG.

Close but no cigar...the ACA domiciles are BOS, ORD, CVG, and IAD. LGA is currently a base but will be closing as of 11/01/02. IAD (CRJ and J41) and ORD(CRJ only) are United Express and CVG & BOS (328Jet) are the Delta Connection bases.

So what your'e saying moron-oops! Imean fellowaviator.
Is that only Comair pilots have a right to a good career and to hell with all the other regionals.

You're a hell of a guy!

You talk of how unpopular the "contract" pilots are, but not at all about how you and your airline are stealing jobs from mainline Delta pilots.

Just because Delta owns you does not make a Delta pilot-check your pay stub.

It wasn't all that long ago that Comair was a contract carrier so get over it!

It amazes me that you talk down to pilots at other regionals as if you were a mainline pilot -YOUR'E NOT.(and with your bad attitude I doubt you ever will be)

ACA is the best regional in the country, period!

As for being treated rudely, I think you deserve every insult you've received in response to your insulting and self righteous posts.

Comair or ACA

HEY CAVEMAN
YOUR OPINION SEEMS TO FOLLOW ALONG WITH THAT OF YOUR CO WORKER FELLOWAVIATOR AT COMAIR. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT BEING A FORMER MARINE AVIATOR, I WOULD'NT WANT THAT GUY ANY WHERE NEAR ME IN EITHER A FOXHOLE OR AS A WINGMAN. THIS GUY IS A LOOSE CANNON WITH PROBALLY LITTLE OR NO EXPERIENCE IN THE REAL WORLD. IF ALL YOU GUYS CAN DO IS TRY TO DEFEND YOUR OPINION AGAINST SO CALLED CONTRACT PILOTS ( ACA), THEN IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS. LET ME TELL YOU THESE DAYS ALL PILOTS WHETHER MAJORS, REGIONALS, CORPORATE, ETC. ARE JUST LUCKY TO BE FLYING, AND SHOULD STICK TOGETHER. NONE OF US NO WHERE WE'LL BE TOMMOROW OR SIX MONTHS FROM NOW-HOPFULLY I'LL BE BACK IN MY JOB WITH A MAJOR AND YOU'LL BE FLYING THE LINE AT DAL ( ALTHOUGH YOUR BUDDY FELLOW AVIATOR WON'T EVEN MAKE IT THROUGH THE INITIAL INTERVIEW WITH HIS ATTITUDE). DON'T GET SO HYPED UP ON THE BEING PART OF DELTA THING BECAUSE BELIEVE ME THAT BIG CONTRACT AND THE SOUR NEGOTIATIONS CAN COME BACK TO BITE YOU GUYS IN THE A**. GOOD LUCK AND SEMPER FI, MEANWHILE I'LL TAKE MY JOB AT ACA AND BE VERY HAPPY

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back