Comair Vote Results ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
surplus1 said:
They may be on the technical "bottom of your list" but that doesn't change the fact that they get 1/2 of the Captain positions, perhaps more in Republic.

No matter how much you polish a turd it is still a turd.
Enjoy your new pay.

ILS2DH said:
In their road shows, they claim that the DCI agreement with ASA/SKW requires that you guys be the 2nd lowest paid by year 4 and the lowest by year 6, or the contract can be pulled. Any of you guys heard that?

Guess what, the old DCI agreement with ASA allowed Delta to cancel the codeshare too. They never did -- as a matter of fact it grew. If you think that Delta will cancel the ASA codeshare when our parent company owns the gates on C and D in ATL, you're crazy. There's no room at the airport for a IAD G-gates setup either, thank goodness.

Also, the new DCI agreement with ASA allows our management to underbid even the lowest bidder for new flying in the DCI system. So basically you guys are negotiating pay-for-play for the table scraps.

Last edited:
sweptback said:
Also, the new DCI agreement with ASA allows our management to underbid even the lowest bidder for new flying in the DCI system. So basically you guys are negotiating pay-for-play for the table scraps.

Guess what. The only way to underbid the lowest bidder is to cut costs and apparently airline managers think the only way to do that is through pilot pay cuts.

Sucks for us all.

SlapShot said:
Here is the problem I have with COMAIR.

For a few YEARS now, they have looked down their nose at just about every other regional operator. I was sick of them pointing to their "industry leading contract". How they took a stand and won. Turns out they are no better then anyone else. Next time we share a van to or from the hotel perhaps you could say "good morning" or something.

Now we are all just pilots, non better then the rest.

And here's the problem I have with pilots who have a problem with Comair.

That "industry leading contract" wasn't fought for to give Comair pilots something to feel superior about, it was fought for to end the "virtual B scale" that existed in a large segment of the industry. What you call "looking down their noses" is a very self-serving way of describing Comair's reaction to the fact that other ALPA-represented carriers began undercutting them almost before the ink was dry on their contract.

Once Mesa got the ball rolling downhill the rest was fairly predictable, but I still think that any pilot who presumes to trash-talk Comair needs to ask herself what her pilot group has ever done that can compare.

Last edited:
Duane Woerth must sign this LOA in order for it to become effective...AND...the rest of the unionized employee groups must also have agreed to concessions in order for it to become effective. Good luck Comair pilots.

-Neal

Regionaltard,

Thanks for an objective comment.

BluDevAv8r said:
Duane Woerth must sign this LOA in order for it to become effective...AND...the rest of the unionized employee groups must also have agreed to concessions in order for it to become effective. Good luck Comair pilots.

-Neal

Thanks for the good wishes. Let's hope you don't find yourself in the same barrel before long.

Don't worry about Woerth, he'll sign anything.

regionaltard said:
I still think that any pilot who presumes to trash-talk Comair needs to ask herself what her pilot group has ever done that can compare.
While at the time I applauded Comair for taking a stand and striking. I never agreed with the attitude that came from their pilots. In the last 2 years I have been denied a jumpseat on a Comair flight with 3 open seats, told I had to get out of a hotel van because Comair does not share vans with other crewmembers, and was told a Comair crew could not hold the van 3 minutes for us (we were right behind them going into AVP). That is why I resent Comair.

regionaltard said:
And here's the problem I have with pilots who have a problem with Comair.

That "industry leading contract" wasn't fought for to give Comair pilots something to feel superior about, it was fought for to end the "virtual B scale" that existed in a large segment of the industry. What you call "looking down their noses" is a very self-serving way of describing Comair's reaction to the fact that other ALPA-represented carriers began undercutting them almost before the ink was dry on their contract.

Once Mesa got the ball rolling downhill the rest was fairly predictable, but I still think that any pilot who presumes to trash-talk Comair needs to ask herself what her pilot group has ever done that can compare.

I think that you need to realize that you were the last to negotiate a contract pre 9/11. You seem to forget that ASA had the industry leading contract for 2 years, before ACA jumped past us. They had it for a while before you passed them. You arent the only ones who have ever raised the bar, so stop acting like it.

Latest resources

Back