Comair Vote Results ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sad Day In Cvg!

Well, I have to say thank you to every one of the 50.57% of "yes Fred, what ever you want Fred" voters that made this the most depressing day ever in the history of Comair! The 89 day strike was a BIG waste of time and a BIGGER waste of money. VERY, VERY SAD!

ILS2DH said:
At least it was close. I hope that sends a message to Freddy.

The message it sends is that management did a perfect job of screwing the pilots without shutting the airline down. If you want to send a message you vote the POS in or out unanimously.

Plug said:
You guys have nothing to be proud of and are in no position to be pointing fingers!

AMEN my brother. That's why I voted NO. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone except Report.

By the way, how are things going with your contract? An ASA CA in DAY the other day said the latest proposal was well below the current SKW payscales. Is that true? You think they'd at least offer you the SKW contract. Let the whipsawing begin. Good luck to you guys.

ASA guys, your quest to become "industry leading", has just become more attainable. Unfortunately, at this level of aviation there is no protection from the whipsaw (thanks ALPA), so your new industry leading contract will come with a bullseye to attach to each pilots back for the duration. Good luck and be careful what you wish for...

ILS2DH said:
AMEN my brother. That's why I voted NO. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone except Report.

By the way, how are things going with your contract? An ASA CA in DAY the other day said the latest proposal was well below the current SKW payscales. Is that true? You think they'd at least offer you the SKW contract. Let the whipsawing begin. Good luck to you guys.

We haven't even negotiated pay yet, though the company did present their "opener". The past few weeks have been focused on section 13 scheduling. We have also been working on some other sections that are tied in to scheduling like hours of service and traveling expenses. The company proposed what you guys voted in today, our pilots were a little pissed about that. We shall see.

I am glad you voted "no", but I am afraid the majority, albeit a small majority, trust Fred and what he has to say or they simply don't have a plan "b". I know a lot of our pilots are ready to walk away and find something else to do or take their chances in the job market, myself included. Good luck with this new deal, god forbid they come back looking for more.

ILS2DH said:

The usual. Slow and slower, but the company wants this contract done. They just aren't showing it at the table. We're not looking for a leading contract, just not going to accept less than industry standard in QOL issues and pay just because the company agreed to a substandard agreemant with DAL.

The companies 3 yr overdue opener was horsesh*t! Now the comparison of payrates they put out to get us to agree to can be updated to show the Comair rate as actual and not proposed.

Talked to our MEC and CNC over the last two days and our position will not change even with this addition to the reduce pay to play game.

I heard that the vote passed by 7 votes, exactly the number on the Comair MEC. Coincidence? I guess their hard sell during their road shows paid off.

Good luck to us all in this industry.

generaltso said:
Wow this is just pathetic. I just lost a lot of respect for 704 people.

I have no problems with other regional pilots commenting. But if you truly are a student pilot then you should stick to issues of your own. All Comair pilots lost today. If anybody thinks otherwise you have problems. We still have a very tough road ahead. Even tougher with a divided pilot group.

[

I heard that the vote passed by 7 votes, exactly the number on the Comair MEC. Coincidence? I guess their hard sell during their road shows paid off.

Good luck to us all in this industry.[/quote]

It was actually 16 votes. The MEC did not endorse the concession package, and it was presented to the pilots to vote on as a "concession" and not a TA -- for whatever that's worth.

In their road shows, they claim that the DCI agreement with ASA/SKW requires that you guys be the 2nd lowest paid by year 4 and the lowest by year 6, or the contract can be pulled. Any of you guys heard that?

Latest resources

Back