Comair Vote Results ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atrdriver said:
I think that you need to realize that you were the last to negotiate a contract pre 9/11. You seem to forget that ASA had the industry leading contract for 2 years, before ACA jumped past us. They had it for a while before you passed them. You arent the only ones who have ever raised the bar, so stop acting like it.

An extremely valid point. Wisconsin had a great contract also... Comair plus a little, if memory serves. However, we got duped into concessions when United brought in CHQ, TS and Mesa to fly express. Management scared the pilot group into believing we'd lose flying if we didn't get the costs down and the group fell for it. (hopefully we get it back in arbitration... not holding my breath though)

It is never good for anyone when concessions are taken. Sorry you guys have to go through it also. Best of luck.

Hey ALPA...time for flat pay rates!!!

Sir Muttley said:
The 89 day strike was a BIG waste of time and a BIGGER waste of money. VERY, VERY SAD!
The 89 day strike was a waste of time long before the vote today. The day Mesa and CHQ took substandard contracts, the day Skywest agreed to concessions, at that point any progress made during the strike became irrelevant. For contract advancement to work at the regional level, we must all work TOGETHER. Since a $35K a year job sounds fabulous to a flight instructor making 16K, that will never happen. Isn't time ALPA started talking about flat rates, at least at the regional level? For example, regardless of the carrier, if you are a CRJ FO, you make $XX, if you're a CAPT, you make $XX. That's the only way to stop this madness. There's too much incentive to whipsaw when you're bidding on flying. My $.02 cent's.

Otto said:
For contract advancement to work at the regional level, we must all work TOGETHER. For example, regardless of the carrier, if you are a CRJ FO, you make $XX, if you're a CAPT, you make $XX. That's the only way to stop this madness.
What about the numbnuts who fly for GoatJets? Similar types would gladly crawl out of woodwork and scab everything in sight. And no, I haven't flown the B1900.

SlapShot said:
While at the time I applauded Comair for taking a stand and striking. I never agreed with the attitude that came from their pilots. In the last 2 years I have been denied a jumpseat on a Comair flight with 3 open seats, told I had to get out of a hotel van because Comair does not share vans with other crewmembers, and was told a Comair crew could not hold the van 3 minutes for us (we were right behind them going into AVP). That is why I resent Comair.

Resenting a whole airline just because of the actions of a few tools is like saying the Colts suck just because Peyton is gay.

atrdriver said:
I think that you need to realize that you were the last to negotiate a contract pre 9/11. You seem to forget that ASA had the industry leading contract for 2 years, before ACA jumped past us. They had it for a while before you passed them. You arent the only ones who have ever raised the bar, so stop acting like it.

Enough with the you, you, you, already....I don't work for Comair. And what they did wasn't "raising the bar," it was a watershed moment in the history of our industry that was turned into a futile gesture by the shortsightedness of other airlines and the union that claims to represent them.

Last edited:
ILS2DH said:
Careful who you throw stones at. How long has ASA been "negotiating"? You guys should have gone on stike long ago.

That isn't quite how it works brainiac. Apparently you are not terribly familiar with the process under the RLA.

...and by the way I don't work for Mesa (or CHQ), but you soon will. This sweetheart of a deal you fellers just handed management is just what they needed to get Ornstein to pony up to buy you at Delta's little fire sale.

Portfolio Phred is sitting back laughing his ass off while his manservant bathes his assh0le in Congnac that you guys paid for.

ReportCanoa said:
Lets hope Duane will honor what he published in the last ALPA rag, and effetively send the "yes" kids back to detention.

How about you worry about your own airline my friend. Everyone has the right to vote and the majority is spoken. What you wanna do now send some union thugs after all the yes voters? How about you go pound sand. No one cares what happens at ASA except the ones that work there. Everyone cares about themselves now. Its a mad mad mad mad world out there. Everyone for himself from here on out. No raising the bar no holding the line. Its a tough environment and its better to keep our jobs than start all over again.

ILS2DH said:
In their road shows, they claim that the DCI agreement with ASA/SKW requires that you guys be the 2nd lowest paid by year 4 and the lowest by year 6, or the contract can be pulled. Any of you guys heard that?

They claim lots of things. That doesn't make them true. I don't buy it for a minute. Even it were true, they can get their cost down by getting a sweetheart deal from the guy that sells them lav juice and diet coke, and hiring someone other that the idiots at the GO and running a more efficient airline. They WILL not get it out of my pocket. All I have to lose is a 50 k job that I can replace next week. They will lose their whole airline. Jerry Atkin didn't pay 450 mil for an outfit to watch it go up in flames when all we want is what his pilots already have.

Unfortunately for you guys a slim majority of your pilots have not learned that yet.

Phred hosed you on the strike, hosed you on the concessions, and now he got the money shot on this one.

Why can't you figure it out over there. Giving in just means they are going to plow your a$$ harder the next time.

Last edited:
ILS2DH said:
[

I heard that the vote passed by 7 votes, exactly the number on the Comair MEC. Coincidence? I guess their hard sell during their road shows paid off.

Good luck to us all in this industry.

It was actually 16 votes. The MEC did not endorse the concession package, and it was presented to the pilots to vote on as a "concession" and not a TA -- for whatever that's worth.

In their road shows, they claim that the DCI agreement with ASA/SKW requires that you guys be the 2nd lowest paid by year 4 and the lowest by year 6, or the contract can be pulled. Any of you guys heard that?[/quote]

Old News....

What most people don't talk about is for the 15 or so years before delta bought us they could have terminated our contract with 30 days notice. So what's the difference? Now they have specific writing in the deals to hold over our heads and either way they can terminate our contract.

Whether we get an industry standard contract or not won't keep us from being 2nd lowest or lowest in DCI costs. That's for SKW inc. to work out not the pilot group.

51% of Comair pilots forgot that there are other ways to cut costs other than the easiest one, the pilots.

Perhaps they forgot that Comair has probably the highest lease rates on their aircraft and ASA has some of the lowest. Perhaps that's why SKW liked the deal they got for us.

Latest resources

Back