• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to lose Aircraft in Chap 11??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is only a matter of time. The 5000 hour reduction was just a softener. I am surprised they are mentioning fleet reductions prior to asking for more coin. The nibbles are a little out of order compared to recent filings. I thought for sure that Bain Consulting would have been brought into the mix on day one, maybe they figured that they do not need that much leverage after the loa passed so easily. LOA was the first bite, then the reduction in flying, now another pay cut with the impending loss of aircraft. The new rates will get approved and then in 24-36 months (the main reason they filed prior to the new law was timeframe) they will say they can't exit reorg without more cuts. That will lead to round 3 of cuts, if comair is still part of the mix. One thing is a given, 70 seat flying for 50 seat pay will be a part of the sh1t sandwich. Good times.

Rollercoaster!

Reductions to the regional jet fleet at Delta Connection carrier Comair are under evaluation and are expected to be determined soon.

Seems to me that if ASA continues to hire, we should be able to pick up some of those displaced previously trained Comair guys. I wonder if ALPA will even suggest this? Probably not. Good luck to you guys!

jetflyer said:
I heard Friday there will be a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT about the future of Comair and that it's not going to be pretty.

GREAT!! :(

Jet

Bad news always comes on Friday afternoons. You remember "the Bobs" from Office Space?:

"We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week."

I guess we will have the weekend to stew about it. I remember way back in '02 when I started with Comair, people on this board were warning against working at a regional that was wholly-owned. I thought, slower upgrade no big deal but this? Looks like they were right. Thanks Big D. :rolleyes: I guess I'll be volunteering with the Guard. Anybody been to the desert lately?

Comair will definately shrink. GG was in the ATL pilot lounge the other day and said that there will definately be no growth and Comair will shrink.

He said that Comair is not part of Delta's future.

It has been said that at least 100 rjs will be parked in the near future. Somebody will realize that the high CASM are not right for every market, and that frequency is over rated.

The new rates for Delta's 100 seater are less than that of a Comair cpt so I guess there will be some competition there, while this airplane will stay on Delta property.

MajorAv8r said:
GG was in the ATL pilot lounge the other day...He said that Comair is not part of Delta's future.

That's the best news I've heard in weeks. It's consistent with Buttrell's wish to take Comair independant.

Last edited:
DrunkIrishman said:
Wacopilot-

Not true.
The Skywest/ASA deal assured Skywest a feed contract in or out of bankruptcy which would be honored in court. As far as every other carrier, I think Ted Nuggent said it best, "It's a free for all!"
Not quite true,
DAL placed 125 mil into escrow against any changes to the SKYW contracts. If they want it bad enough they can do whatever they want.
PBR

MajorAv8r said:
He said that Comair is not part of Delta's future.

Not exactly a revelation. Comair has never been a "part of Delta's future". On the other hand, Delta has been the father of Comair's demise for 5 years. Unfortunately too many Comair pilots have never figured that out.

The only thing this little airline ever got from Delta was expert mismanagement and better pass privileges.

Hate to be a pessimist but it will get much worse before it gets better, IF it ever gets better.

Tim47SIP said:
Reductions to the regional jet fleet at Delta Connection carrier Comair are under evaluation and are expected to be determined soon.

Seems to me that if ASA continues to hire, we should be able to pick up some of those displaced previously trained Comair guys. I wonder if ALPA will even suggest this? Probably not. Good luck to you guys!

Will they lose their Comair seniority numbers? They wanted to do that to us. Good goes around.

Bye Bye--General Lee

N2264J said:
That's the best news I've heard in weeks. It's consistent with Buttrell's wish to take Comair independant.

Great. You can call it DEPENDANT Air. Wait, you can take it alone and go after Southwest on the West, I mean East, I mean North, I mean South, well, you can be the first ever RJ operator in St Thomas....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back