• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to lose Aircraft in Chap 11??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, Delta would lose out on $125 million from SkyWest, but could they make that up by taking away $500 per segment from each RJ flight? Maybe they could over 5 years. Maybe they should start charging the feeders for higher priced fuel. I thought Ron Reber was pretty smug when he stated "We are insulated form the higher fuel prices through our contracts with the Majors..." No wonder you are so profitable---we struggling carriers pay for your extra gas payments. I hope that is changed.

Bye Bye--General Lee

RJ Bum said:

Looking at the first days motion...if you look in section 25, it shows all of the variouis lending institutions Delta is looking to reject the leases for aircraft. The top two are for some or all of the MD-11's and Wachovia is for 31 (I think I counted right) FRJs. No surprises yet, and more importantly no crj's YET, though I think it's only a matter of time. I'll have to keep watching these in the ensuing days. Thanks for the link!

Wacopilot said:
And yes, that q400 thing is not a rumor......it will happen. I have my newly issued Q400 fcom on my desk.
Time to start studying
Waco

Ok, you must be management. When is the announcement going to be made and do you know how many planes it will be?

Jet

Last edited:
Otto said:
Looking at the first days motion...if you look in section 25, it shows all of the variouis lending institutions Delta is looking to reject the leases for aircraft. The top two are for some or all of the MD-11's and Wachovia is for 31 (I think I counted right) FRJs. No surprises yet, and more importantly no crj's YET, though I think it's only a matter of time. I'll have to keep watching these in the ensuing days. Thanks for the link!

Is Delta STILL paying the leases on those MD11s!!? What a waste of money.....

Jet

General Lee said:
Yes, Delta would lose out on $125 million from SkyWest, but could they make that up by taking away $500 per segment from each RJ flight? Maybe they could over 5 years. Maybe they should start charging the feeders for higher priced fuel. I thought Ron Reber was pretty smug when he stated "We are insulated form the higher fuel prices through our contracts with the Majors..." No wonder you are so profitable---we struggling carriers pay for your extra gas payments. I hope that is changed.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Dont blame Skywest for this. Delta writes the contracts, not Skywest. The blame for this can be directed at ATL.

If you listen to the web-cast form Aug 16 Skywest was asked about their contract if Delta filed ch11. They said that the contract is what delta would want in a ch11 situation. Also remember that the gates in ATL (C & D concourse) are Skywest's not Delta's. If they are not working for Delta Skywest will be working for somebody in ATL. I think they will be working for Delta for as long as Delta is around, I hope that is a long time.

generaltso said:
I think the bottom line here is that delta needs to shed some 50 seaters.

Skywest/ASA has theres pretty much locked up, I doubt they will lose many.

There is no doubt that Comair will lose some

CHQ will probably lose some, but there will probably be some type of agreement where they will be replaced by 70 seaters.

I am not sure about Mesa. I don't know why DAL was so quick to add 30 more 50 seaters. My guess is because Mesa is dirt cheap and they can use that fact to get the other connection carriers to reduce costs (although that will be easy now with Chap 11 anyway. Reduce costs or your gone!)

DAL does not care about the pax... they brought Mesa in for god's sake. They care about the bottom line.

The next few months are going to see some changes in the Delta Connection family.

So just because Mesa is more cost efficient that means that they dont take care of their customers? That makes alot of sense. Wait and see in Bankruptcy court who gets more routes beacuse like YOU said.........."reduce your costs or your gone" Skywest/ASA will prob lose several routes....so sad for the 300 mill cash money that Skywest spent. Hope it works out for everyone.

Latest resources

Back