Comair to lose Aircraft in Chap 11??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
That $88 an hour pay is for the 100 seater, not everything else. I will be on the 764 flying to Hawaii---at $110 an hour---as an FO. Not bad, and I can't do much about it anyway......Aloha jacka$$.
Bye Bye--General Lee

You mean your going to break with Delta tradition and pay a copilot more than you pay a captain? Lordy, lordy, you really want them regional fjets don't ya?

Now that you've revealed what you are, all we have to do is argue about the price. Should we start with $2 ?

MajorAv8r said:
So you would become like Independence Air? Best of luck.

Well, you were the one who brought it up about GG being in the ATL pilot lounge the other day and saying that Comair is not part of Delta's future. You act as if you somehow didn't get the response you expected.

But it remains to be seen doesn't it? I suspect a few lessons have been learned from Independence Air. Fred is always careful to mention "independent" and "larger gauge aircraft" in the same breath.

A lot of local investors made a bunch of money on the independent Comair. If a perpetual basketcase like US Airways can find $1.5 billion in new investment money to start over and wreck yet another airline (this time America West), I think Comair has a shot if we can get out from under Delta and be our own company again.

The outcome for an independent Comair is uncertain as it is for any airline but personally, I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

Last edited:
General Lee said:
That $88 an hour pay is for the 100 seater, not everything else. I will be on the 764 flying to Hawaii---at $110 an hour---as an FO. Not bad, and I can't do much about it anyway......Aloha jacka$$.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Whoever counseled you to "just be yourself" could not have given you worse advice.

don't you ever get tired of this??

N2264J said:
A lot of local investors made a bunch of money on the independent Comair.

That's real easy to make money when you are on a fee for departure, and all your ticketing/advertising is done through mainline. This horse has been beat to death.

General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not much you could do about it? You could stand up and tell them to go fuc< themselves, you could walk away from this p!ss poor offer, you could be a real man, and quit. Or you could be the general and blame everyone else and just put up with this disgrace. Hang your head in shame whore. MESA look more and more like real airline pilots every day.

General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

"I can't do much about it anyway.....". Well general you could stand up to them and tell them to go ***** themselves, you could be a real man and quit. What they are offering you is a ***** disgrace. Hang your head in shame ***** MESA pilots are looking more and more like real airline pilots every day, thanks to loosers like the general. $88 an hour after twelve years at any "major" airline is a disgrace.

Last edited by a moderator:
737 Pylt said:
That's real easy to make money when you are on a fee for departure, and all your ticketing/advertising is done through mainline.

That wasn't always the case homeboy.

I'll tell you what - let us worry about it.

Last edited:
737 Pylt said:
That's real easy to make money when you are on a fee for departure, and all your ticketing/advertising is done through mainline. This horse has been beat to death.

Yes, fee per departure as a concept has been beaten to death.

But I have never had anyone explain to me (in an intelligent manner) why the major is dumb enough to do it. Can some of you all knowing types enlighten me?

Latest resources

Back