Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N2264J said:
That wasn't always the case homeboy.

I'll tell you what - let us worry about it.

Homeboy??
Assuming I am black it would be appropriate. But your try at an insult aside, the point still stands! CMR without DAL, would not have made money as a stand alone airline! Keep beating this dead horse. If it makes you feel better, its all yours pal!

"Homeboy??
Assuming I am black it would be appropriate. But your try at an insult aside, the point still stands! CMR without DAL, would not have made money as a stand alone airline! Keep beating this dead horse. If it makes you feel better, its all yours pal!
737"

And neither would have CHQ, Skywest, Mesa, Expressjet, or any other freakin regional if it didn't connect with the Major it codeshares with. What is your point, 737? These companies are or are not profitable, just like Comair. They all provide feed for majors and would not be profitable as stand alone airlines. Thats not their business plan. Thats not what there here to do. Comair happened to be profitable, based on this type of arrangement, the day it was dragged into bankruptcy. Thats life.

That is the question. Why do you allow this arrangement to continue if it is so repugnant to you? Your MEC, your negotiating team, your management, and finally YOU by your vote ( I mean that in the collective sense), have all set this system up.

737 Pylt said:
That's real easy to make money when you are on a fee for departure, and all your ticketing/advertising is done through mainline. This horse has been beat to death.

You can be forgiven for your error for you just haven't been around long enough to know that Comair never operated as a fee-for-departure airline until AFTER it became a Delta subsidiary.

Apparently you don't know when the FFD concept came into existence and you also don't know that Comair's refusal to accept FFD was one of the reasons Delta decided to buy it.

I understand it galls you to admit it but the truth is the only thing "good" that Comair ever got from being "acquired" by Delta was better pass benefits.

The combination of bad management by Delta and bad scope policies by ALPA have jointly operated to destroy Comair, just as they have destroyed Delta.

The only people at Comair who think that ownership by Delta was a benefit to us are those of us that are too new to this business to know better. In other words, folks like you.

Unless we are able to separate from you, which is doubtful now, we will not survive. Delta is the probable casue of our demise and ALPA is the contributing cause. We're stuck with ALPA but perhaps we'll be lucky and escape from Delta.

I wish you luck (which is more than you wish us).

Last edited:
Delta should have never purchase ASA or Comair, they never improved anything at either carrier. I believe that most at Delta believe that we need to focus on a mainline operation, and farm out the feed in a competitive nature.

It seems that Comair has always wanted to go "solo", and I thought that was going to happen before the DAL buyout.

I would be happy to see less people with the pass benefits anyway, as would you like less on the Comair side.

I hope you get the chance to become a non wholly owned subsidiary again.

Sincerely, best of luck.

MajorAv8r said:
I would be happy to see less people with the pass benefits anyway, as would you like less on the Comair side.

I think most of the DAL people out of ATL that commute would disagree with that statement. Most of them have to commute on ASA and believe me the way the loads are today, going backwards on the pass benefits would not help them at all.

737 Pylt said:
That's real easy to make money when you are on a fee for departure, and all your ticketing/advertising is done through mainline. This horse has been beat to death.

That's funny. Comair made millions as a pro-rate carrier, marketing and pricing their own routes, and it made Delta millions.

...then Delta bought Comair.

Fred Buttrell went into a recurrent on Friday.

He was intending to talk for about 30 minutes.

He spoke for 2 hours.

Supposedly he was almost in tears as he gave some of the news.

He never wanted to furlough as we were going to be overstaffed for December by 160 pilots, because 5000 block hours were going to be taken away by Delta.

Well Fred said Friday that he had just received some very bad news from Delta and that the block hours were going to be cut more than the 5000 hours.

Not good.

This is when my source said he was almost in tears. He was no longer going to be able to avoid a furlough. This upset him. He wants to grow Comair. Nobody can say he wants us to shrink.

He said he'll have to release the information soon and he's not sure if it's going to be 200 or 400 furloughs. They're analyzing the situation and trying to make a decision.

Supposedly he did mention, "I don't want to announce a furlough of 400 pilots, when it really needs to be 200"

So, maybe the original talk of losing 40 planes is correct? Because 40 planes would require a reduction of a little more than 400 pilots.

This would mean our flying would be reduced by over 20%!!!

Oh and has anybody else been hearing 13% pay cut? This would make 4th Yr F.O. pay about $33/hour.

Not good.

Jet

p.s. can't wait to dump the Delta anchor...

Last edited:
737 Pylt said:
Homeboy??

Try at an insult? Not hardly. If I wanted to insult you I could have said something like:
  • I don't know what your problem is but I bet it's hard to pronounce or
  • I could eat alphabet soup and crap better posts than you write or
  • Do you want people to accept you for who you are or do you want them to like you?
By the way, I think you're the one beating this horse of Comair's potential as an independent airline and for the life of me, I don't know why you care. You guys didn't want to merge with us because we weren't "operationally integrated" at the same time your MEC was actively scoping us out by imposing block hour restrictions, hub to hub and point to point limits "to protect your flying." Peculiar contradiction, no?

Your contempt for us is obvious, you don't want us around but if we talk of our independence from Delta as a good thing, it seems to annoy and threaten you. You don't have to obsess about it however. Like I said, worrying about Comair's success or failure of going it alone is a responsibility we'd be happy to take on if given the opportunity.

Hey, we're bankrupt! Isn't it about time for Delta to announce their new livery?

Last edited:
I doubt FB was near tears, unless it was tears of joy. All scum bag leaders are the same, and could give two sheets about the hard working men and woman out on the line..

I bet he was crying bc his Starbucks grande, carmel, iced, soy, half demi-cap, macciato was cold and the barista used 2% whipped cream when HE insisted they use 1.75% Wisconsin Dairy whipped cream.

D

Latest resources

Back