Comair to lose Aircraft in Chap 11??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
well, you can be the first ever RJ operator in St Thomas....

Fine by me, it would be nice to get away from DAL's self destruction. It's amazing to me how Delta can take one of the most profitable airlines in the world (as far as profit margin) and run it into the ground in record time.

But I will miss the pass benifits.

RJDC's predictions come true after all

General Lee said:
Will they lose their Comair seniority numbers? They wanted to do that to us. Good goes around.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee, (is that for the man or the car?)
Can you now concede the possibility that the RJDC's arguements may have had some validity? The whole thing was started because mgt wanted Comair to have more 70 seaters but they were limited in number by scope. Fast forward a few years...now Delta will get more 70 seaters anyway but they will be outsourced to other companies. On top of that, Delta mainline will furlough even more and not one job has been protected through scope. Delta loses...Comair loses. I was never a diehard RJDC follower but I remember them making this prediction three years ago and it seems they hit the nail squarely on the head. I'm sick of the RJDC arguements on this board but I have to wonder what is your response?

General Lee said:
you can be the first ever RJ operator in St Thomas ....

Hey, that might not be a bad idea. St. Thomas has some neat beaches, lots of "loose" visiting ladies, and enought palm trees to hang you hammock between. They also have good rum and it's cheap.

Bring it on.

surplus1 said:
Not exactly a revelation. Comair has never been a "part of Delta's future". On the other hand, Delta has been the father of Comair's demise for 5 years. Unfortunately too many Comair pilots have never figured that out.

The only thing this little airline ever got from Delta was expert mismanagement and better pass privileges.

Hate to be a pessimist but it will get much worse before it gets better, IF it ever gets better.

Surplus:

Mismanagement is a kind word. With 95% of the CMR management leaving the sinking ship like rats and the coming shredding of our contract. I believe it is mass destruction.

Lets hope that they sell CMR before it is reduced to zero and allow us to fend for ourselves.

Otto said:
General Lee, (is that for the man or the car?)
Can you now concede the possibility that the RJDC's arguements may have had some validity? The whole thing was started because mgt wanted Comair to have more 70 seaters but they were limited in number by scope. Fast forward a few years...now Delta will get more 70 seaters anyway but they will be outsourced to other companies. On top of that, Delta mainline will furlough even more and not one job has been protected through scope. Delta loses...Comair loses. I was never a diehard RJDC follower but I remember them making this prediction three years ago and it seems they hit the nail squarely on the head. I'm sick of the RJDC arguements on this board but I have to wonder what is your response?

Otto,

First of all, I don't know exactly what will happen with the future 79 seaters, since there may be some slight negotiating coming up. But, with a judge on their side, it may happen. The RJDC is full of lazy pilots who didn't want to go the "traditional" route to a better job--a la major. (at the time anyway) They didn't want to give up their accrued vacation, their weekends off, and didn't want to be my FO (I don't blame them there). If we would have allowed unlimited 70 seaters back then, good ole Fred Greed--"RJ King"---would have bought so many and we may have been in the same situation. If it meant losing better paying jobs (at the time) with better benefits (at the time), couldn't you see the reason for the fight? Management would have loved to put MD88s at DCI also so they could get larger bonuses at the end of each year. The ultimate goal for people who want a better lifestyle, pay, and benefits (at the time again) was to get hired and move UP, not move down and fly larger aircraft. We needed to keep the larger planes at mainline, to have a mainline. The RJDC again is full of lazy people who don't want to interview and "start over"---the way thousands of us have done in the past. The things happening now to this industry could not have been imagined in the last 10 years----no way. This is a biblical shift.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

If you want a future you had better send your resume to SWA, JB or CHQ. $88 an hour for a 12 year CA, good luck dip sh!t.

It was a fun ride.

cmrflyer said:
General,

If you want a future you had better send your resume to SWA, JB or CHQ. $88 an hour for a 12 year CA, good luck dip sh!t.

It was a fun ride.

That $88 an hour pay is for the 100 seater, not everything else. I will be on the 764 flying to Hawaii---at $110 an hour---as an FO. Not bad, and I can't do much about it anyway......Aloha jacka$$.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee vbmenu_register("postmenu_751468", true);

Go #### yourself. How old are you? How stupid are you? Delta and Comair are both screwed. Get over it. The only thing I have going is I have another 30 years to recover. Yet you are here all over the board thinking you are god's gift to aviation. You know what they say!!!!!!!!!!

Words of wisdom!

St. Thomas has some neat beaches, lots of "loose" visiting ladies, and enought palm trees to hang you hammock between. They also have good rum and it's cheap.

You know, that reminds me of a joke! What is the difference between a Cow Patty and those visiting ladies? The older they are, the easyer they are to pick up! ;)

cmrflyer said:
General,

It was a fun ride.

SWA is going to have these same pains when the fuel hedging expires. They would have lost money like the rest had it not been for the hedging. The pilots are the highest paid now. They will be brought down by JB and the restructured legacies in the future.

JB is taking on another aircraft type, and won't be able to pick cherry routes forever if they want to expand. Also the "warrenties" on all the crooked nose wheel airbus' will expire, then welcome to a thing called mtc costs

CHQ are you serious?

Soon or a later the RJ and the feed they provide will be deemed too expensive. IAir is the case example for this.

Do you really think that Comair will maintain 70 seat rates higher than 100 seat rates dictated by its parent company?

Latest resources

Back