• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair stopped Hiring?Asking for Leaves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is good that there will be no furloughs. I wish we had the same situation. As far as the 90 seaters---you know as well as I do that our scope clause does not allow that, and we would have to give permission to do that. With 1060 pilots out on furlough, you can see that it would be a longshot. I'm all for you getting 90 seaters, but that would be at a time when all of our pilots were back from furlough and we were growing again. Until then, we probably will do what it takes to get our pilots back in the skies. There is nothing wrong with that attitude, is there? Hopefully the future discussions with management will bring something to fruition.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool:

ALPO at US Airways

Dear General,

I dont agree with the "tone" of your letters to these pilots. I rarely agree with the content. I do, however, commend you for your vision.

I only wish that the MEC, LECs, and individual ALPA pilots at US Airways had as much passion as you seem to have regarding the return of the 1,800 furloughed pilots at US Airways.

After the furloughs began there was a little bit of flag waving and sorry attempts to find gainful employment for the furloughed pilots (J4J). The resolutions to provide healthcare for furloughed pilots passed with slim margins each time.

But the moment that the retirement was threatened, they forgot all about the furloughees. Furloughed pilots who had found employment elsewhere were even removed from the ALPA web-board.

Many of us started to realize the true nature of the association, "I've got mine - Scr@w you!" Thats the motto right?

The typical line pilot was sympathetic, but, with their own hard-earned retirement in jeopardy, unconcerned that over 30% of the pilot-group (1800 of 6000) was furloughed.

Is it any wonder that former 737 Captains now call their friends at Comair, Jetblue, and AirTran asking for help?

Anyhow -- the point is this. While I might not agree with WHAT you say...and I might not agree with HOW you say it... I admire you for keeping your eye on the ball with regard to your furloughed brothers.

ALPA's job #1 should be JOBS.

I hope, for the sake of the 1060 furloughed DAL pilots, that the retirement is not threatened. Senior guys have a way of forgetting all about the furloughees once the boat payment is in jeopardy.

Good luck!

NYRANGERS said:

Rangers @ Avalanche 830pm ( we need about 18 wins out of 21 games)

NYRANGERS,

A short break from the DAL/CMR saga.

Avs 4 -- NYR 1.

Now it appears you need about 18 wins out of 20 games, as the Avs continue to reel "em in. (My wife, a born and raised New Yorker, and die-hard Rangers fan, got me inerested in hockey. And, since I spent most of my adult life in Colorado, I decided to be an Avs fan. Then we moved to Michigan. Kinda tough being an Avs fan so close to "Hockeytown", so we moved again, to Atlanta.) But, we still watch hockey together. I'm slowly converting her to the Avs....except when they play the Rangers. We watched "together" last night...she from Tulsa on her trip, and me at home in Atlanta . You do what you gotta do in a 2 pilot family.

OK, break over. Back to the discussion at hand.

Hey General Lee:

Im just wondering why you started this thread in the first place when you know **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good and well it is just a rumor...This rumor is the same one that DAL737FO just stated to you in the Comair 90 seat thread... He was simply making a point and told you that rumor was just made up from him and a load of BS......Are you so bored that you have nothing better to do with your time than try and cause even more problems and bad blood between pilots....What are you, Management?

Kit Darby Reads Flightinfo.com?

Found the following on Kit Darby's "Jet-jobs.com" website under the rumor-control section this morning.

Rumor: Comair is suspending interviews/hiring and is looking for pilots to take a leave of absence effective April. If Comair is unable to find pilots willing to take leave, the company will begin furloughs.

Truth: Comair has confirmed there is no truth to that rumor. Hiring is continuing as previously stated. The company forecasts hiring 40 in March and 356 in 2003.

Posted 2/24/2003 9:35:30

I guess that settles that debate.

Milehye,

Yup, you caught me---I'm management. Not. You really are high. Am I creating more bad blood? You guys started it with the slamming of our furloughs, and I am here to remind you of it. When I am not flying I watch the net for changing stories affecting you and me, so I am on here a lot. I have a lot of friends who are out on furlough, and I hear from them everyday, so I am constantly reminded of this situation. My one dream is to have this situation clear up, the furloughs come back, and for us to start hiring ASA pilots in droves. Sounds like a good dream to me, right?

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool: ;)

Furloughs

General Lee,

If Comair were responsible for getting furloughees back to DAL, would that change your mind?

Recently a Delta 737 instructor pilot jumpseated on one of my flights. He gave us lots of info about Song, the reasons behind it, and other moves Delta is making. Retiring 727s, MD-11s, and having most of the options on the RJs coming off the line.

Now that Force Manure has been stopped, the groundwork is in place to recall the furloughs. It's based on exceeding the revenue seat miles Delta was flying before 9/11. If Delta can exceed those, the furloughs come back. And it's not just Delta, it includes Delta Connection.

Delta is parking airplanes. ASA currently has little fleet growth while it retires the Brasilia. Comair is set to take delivery of 30+ airplanes this year. So, if Delta can exceed those pre-9/11 RSMs, it will be in large part thanks to Comair's growth.

Clearly this won't get everyone back flying, but hey, wouldn't you rather get them back to Delta than going to DCI?

I for one support hiring furloughees at Comair, especially since one of my best friends is a Delta furloughee. That's my opinion, and i respect the right of others to disagree with what I believe. If Delta decides not to hire me simply because I'm a Comair pilot, so be it. I'm new to all this, so i don't know all the history. As i read these posts, i try to see it from both sides, not just my own. I think our pilot groups would get along much better if we all could do that....

Captainv

We started it? That's funny. I suppose you think your guys didn't do anything before that incedent, which you don't report correctly, ever happened. I don't think anyone believes you.

Latest resources

Back