• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair stopped Hiring?Asking for Leaves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I sincerely hope no one gets furloughed from anywhere, honestly.

To the question about integration, not if it is a seperate subsidiary. It would all have to be negotiated, and we would win out on that one.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool:

I have in my formally nicotine stained hands.......

It's just a temporary offering of VOLUNTARY leaves of absences for one bid period because of 'training plan changes". They did the same thing last summer, in July I believe. The sky isn't falling. If every available slot were taken it would be the same as having 15 CAs and 15 FOs take one month off. That equates to about 1.8% of our pilot group. We probably have more than that call in sick every day. Don't read between the lines. Nothing to see here, folks, move along.

Thinking that something might impeed your career kinda sucks, doesn't it? Think of all the Delta pilots that have had to go through that: Not knowing what will happen next. 1060 of them have been furloughed already. Be happy that you probably will not lose your jobs.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

It looks like the same type deal as last year. The memo specifically cites training delays as the reason for the voluntary leaves of absence. I'd ask for the full month, but they won't let probationary pilots apply. (April is nice in New Orleans).

I was over at the General Offices a couple of days after the memo came out, and they had another bunch of blue suited interviewees pacing around the foyer. While I know airlines are famous for hiring into furloughs, I don't think so in this case.

Two things:
First, General Lee said "Our CFO--Michele Burns---said that we had an Operating PROFIT of $177 million last quarter---". Can I borrow a few mil of that?

On a serious note, second, I would not worry too much about the voluntary LOA's at CMR. We had the same thing at ACA for a month or two and things worked out fine. Hell, if I was a FINANCIALLY SECURE Comair pilot, I'd be all over that "vacation".

General Lee/NYRangers........

Quit thinking Delta mainline pilots are better than DCI (commuter scum) pilots ------- they aren't!

Quit thinking the jobs of the mainline Delta pilots are worth more to them then the jobs of the connection pilots ------ they aren't!

It's amazing what happens to a guy when he reaches the "majors". You all think the world owes you, well it doesn't.

79%N1 said:
General Lee/NYRangers........

Quit thinking Delta mainline pilots are better than DCI (commuter scum) pilots ------- they aren't!

Quit thinking the jobs of the mainline Delta pilots are worth more to them then the jobs of the connection pilots ------ they aren't!

It's amazing what happens to a guy when he reaches the "majors". You all think the world owes you, well it doesn't.

How do you come up with this outrageous post by reading any of my posts? This has nothing to do with who's "better".

I was, as you say "commuter scum" a lot longer than I was "major scum".

Emotions, such as yours, defy the logic nesessary to understand our (mainline) point of view. This has everything to do with our contract and how it MUST be inforced.

If you are currently employed by a DCI carrier you should not worry about your job. I don't support any effort to get the 1060 of us back to work if it means furloughing ANY of you DCI guys. However, I do support a hiring freeze on all Delta owned companies (with regards to pilots) until all current pilots who were hired are back to work. (yeah, I know where some of you guys are going to go with this, so give it a rest.)

Would this mean you loose your job? Absolutley not! We know what it is like to be fuloughed for 479 days and counting and we don't wish that on any pilot.

Would this mean your seat movement may be slowed? Probably, but tough SH!T.

I have a feeling you want pilots to move in junior to you quickly so they can be your "furlough Protection", your "furlough fodder".

So long,

NYR

Rangers @ Avalanche 830pm ( we need about 18 wins out of 21 games)

79%N1,

What? You are nuts. I have never said "we are better than you..." What I have been saying is that we at Mainline are trying to protect OUR jobs. Can we do that? Is that alright with you? I guess you guys are the only ones allowed to grow. We have to take a beating and like it. Wrong. We will fight to keep our jobs and keep payscales higher. I guess we could give in to the company, and our 777 Capt's could make $50 an hour. Would you like that? I guess we could say to our furloughs (even though we HAD a No furlough clause)---bye bye guys--see you later, we can't fight for you because those Comair guys will get mad. We will fight for our furloughs to get back and then when we hire again we will try to hire as many ASA guys as we can.
Thanks Lawson!! And 79%N1----you need to get your fact straight and focus all of that anger on Comair's MEC. He really has restricted your future growth.

Bye Bye---General Lee:D :cool: ;) :) :p :mad:

General Lee -

I just finished 700 recurrent on friday and the word is that Bombardier is in the process of troubleshooting some problems on the 700 assembly line. What does this mean for ASA and Comair ? No CR7 deliveries until late April or possibly March. I think this explains the slowdown at Comair. I questioned a Comair crew about the whole situation today - the Capt. confirmed the postponement of two classes and possible voluntary LOE for April.

DCAv8r;)

As far as I'm aware, none of the new hire classes that have started have been affected. I just finished IOE myself, and things seem to still be full ahead. Yes, I did recieve the whole leave of absense letter in my mailbox, but I believe the length of time wasn't that long to freak out about. Nothing too lengthy to signal a change of direction of the company...I have heard of some issues with the 70's coming.......but, I really don't think this is the time too panic about Comair.....things are still moving.......and from what I hear, reserve is getting a little shorter now days.......since I just grabbed my official pager, hopefully I won't have it too long......but just like with anything in the industry, it can all change tomorrow......oh, the 90 seat rumor thing has been around for a little bit....I did hear a number of people talk about it a couple of months ago......I'm kinda curious what those remaining sim slots in the sim building are for myself (could it be for a 90....hmmm) ......oh well, only time will tell..........I think the next couple of months will be very telling.........enjoy the ride.....

Latest resources

Back