Comair stopped Hiring?Asking for Leaves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

There is a rumor out from a Comair FO that Comair has said that they have stopped hiring and will be asking for possible leaves. Could furloughs be next? I hope not. Somebody out there please see if this rumor is true.

Bye Bye---General Lee:confused:

Why, they are still taking new aircraft and expanding service?

DALPA must be behind this somehow.

Well, Gen. Lee just might have pulled a "Drudge." An FO I was commuting with this morning did say he heard noise rectntly from the chief pilot's office of an overstaff situation for April and possible voluntary leaves. Said this sounded suspicious as it coincided with CHQ's reallocation of its ERJs away from AWA to DCI. Hmmmm, verrrry interesssstingggg.

I been hearing rumors that Delta is next for Chp 11... DEEP inside info.. anyone else hear the same?

Once American file Chap 11 in 6 months or so all eyes will be on Delta. The pressure for pilot wage cuts and pension changes will be enormous.

Anybody else hear that Airbus representatives were in ASA's general offices on Friday ????

This industry is in for the largest restructuring in its history !!

cant wait for 2004 elections....

not that i blame Bush, god knows i dont want his job right now. But something has to be done....

RJPilott said:
I been hearing rumors that Delta is next for Chp 11... DEEP inside info.. anyone else hear the same?

I have heard that too. They have retained bankruptcy lawyers (but so has everybody else in this business).

I think it it likely put out there to speed-up pay and work rule concessions from the mainline pilots. Just might work, given the loss of the USAir pilot's pension recently. Nothing strikes fear in the heart of a mainline pilot like the threat of the loss of the pension. Can't say that I blame them either.

rjcap said:
Once American file Chap 11 in 6 months or so all eyes will be on Delta. The pressure for pilot wage cuts and pension changes will be enormous.

Anybody else hear that Airbus representatives were in ASA's general offices on Friday ????

This industry is in for the largest restructuring in its history !!

Is Airbus going to start making RJ's now?

Yes, it is true. The company is asking for 15 CL-65 FO's and Captains a day in April to take voluntary leave. No explanation has been given. I would be concerned about this except they did the same thing last summer for several months when Bombardier had delivery problems.

So what I'm saying is it could be delivery related, they overhired, the situation with DAL as a whole, no one knows. Anyone that says otherwise is spreading rumors and opinions.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back