• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair stopped Hiring?Asking for Leaves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, there are delivery problems with Canadair right now (at least with the 700). At ASA we are retraining all E-120 pilots in the RJ's and ATR as we retire that type. The company is slightly overstaffed right now. They have stated that they have no plans to furlough anybody. I am amazed that our sister company can't carry a few extra pilots for a few months, we are doing it. Hummmmm.

As far as the Bankruptcy rumors---ummm, NOT true. Our CFO--Michele Burns---said that we had an Operating PROFIT of $177 million last quarter---and that the $230 million dollar loss was due to the parking of the 727's, putting initial seed money for Song-$65 million, and buying 700 Kiosks for the ticket counters--at a price of $30 million. (They are running out of one time charges) No bankruptcy rumors here-----and I am sure they would sell off Comair and ASA beforehand. Delta cares about the stockholders---and they have not missed a dividend yet---even through 9-11. So sorry, the rumors are not true.

But, the Comair rumor about stopping hiring just might be. Don't get me wrong, I do not wish a furlough on anyone----no way. But, I would hate it if Comair had to stop it's HUGE growth----and maybe, just maybe---mainline got some 70 seaters. Why doesn't somebody out there try to call someone at the CVG chief pilot's office and find out. Maybe it isn't true. But, if there were some layoffs---maybe the Comair guys could ask ASA pilots for some jobs---they were nice to us.

Flash 7-----you're wrong!

RJCAP----Scope clause prohibits you from anything more than 57 70 seaters---you know that! Airbus, yeah for us maybe. And those paycuts will be negotiated---with things in it for us. The 70 seaters will look nice--"Dance your Pants off!" (new slogan for Dance--a subsidiary of Delta)

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool:

Last edited:
Highly improbable that Airbus was at ASA. It may have been Aerospatiale, with some business regarding the ATR fleet...

I heard from my neighbors sisters cousin granddaughters friend who works at ASA heard from her friends halfsisters mom who works at Comair that the month of April and May are usually not busy travel months so they plan to have extra pilots since the flying scheduled hours will be down but that in June, July when the flying hours pick up they will be short of pilots.

General Lee: if Delta mainline is flying a 70 seat CRJ, ASA is flying a 70 seat CRJ, and Comair is flying a 70 seat CRJ, wouldn't the seniority lists have to be intergrated because everyone is flying the same aircraft? (Although I am with ACA and only an observer, it is interesting to watch.)

We would fly them under a new contract and a "new" form of DCI. Thus no operational integration.

Hell, Delta would rather pay 1060 guys to do nothing than have to merge DCI with Delta. It'll never happen. JMO

NY Rangers: Would the 70 seaters be part of the Delta's new Low Cost Carrier (I think it is Song) or rather part of DCI? And how did you like the DO-328?

Thread Creep

Just a bit of thread creep here.

So whats the story? Did anyone find out if Comair has indeed stopped hiring? Do they have plans to furlough if they do not get enough pilots to take a leave of absence? Have they suspended training for those pilots who were recently hired and are in the pipeline?

I have some close friends who were furloughed from a number of different carriers and who are now in newhire training at Comair.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that this rumor is unfounded.

-Otto

Latest resources

Back