Comair Pilots - WARNING, WARNING!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
michael707767 said:
you know what, there may not have been any plan put forward by either the ASA or CMR MEC. I really don't care. But I know for a fact (had more than one on the jumpseat) that there were individual ASA and CMR pilots running around saying they were going to get DOH integration
Thanks for the validation. Who cares what individual pilots want? There are probably a few individual Delta pilots who would like to see the RJDC supporters shot and used for fill dirt under the new south runway in Atlanta. I don't take it personally, or feel threatened, or try to paint the entire Delta pilot group with that brush.

Bottom line is that the "portfolio" concept of alter ego airlines is a terrible idea for labor and management. ASA and Comair have no real allegience to the Delta brand's performance. We fly empty legs on fee for departure arrangements and call it a "profit." We retire efficient aircraft and replace them with less suitable airplanes ( on short routes especially ) to try to meet a Delta mandate. A legion of middle level managers are busy figuring out how to bill another Delta entity for lav dumps and bug washes, while aircraft and crew utilization goes wasted because we do not fly eachother's exactly similar equipment. At one point Comair had over $1,100,000.00 in yearly hotel costs at ASA's main domicile.

The RJDC leadership, Comair and ASA MEC's and their pilots had the right idea with the PID. All the other crap about some flight attendant's, second cousin's, jumpseater heard from someone in the training department that an ATR Captain was going to displace a 777 driver does not matter. It might have helped galvanize the Delta pilots for C2K, but that fight is over and the ASA pilots were never your enemy.

~~~^~~~

I think people are way overreacting to this. There's a new CEO in town and he wants to hear from the rank and file about what's going on. The meetings are not targeted at pilots and flight attendants. They are being held throughout the company. I'll be attending one of the meetings. I'm not interested in giving him my 2 cents regarding concessions for growth. If he wants to know how I feel about scheduling, well, that's a different story. Our MEC is free to attend also but they are boycotting it on the grounds that their request/demand to meet privately with the new CEO has, thus far, been ignored......for a whole 4 days. The guy just got here on Monday. They, like many on this thread, seem to think that it's an end run to avoid meeting with the MEC and that us stupid line pilots will fall prey to their psychological games and unanimously rise up in support of concessions. Please.....It's just a freaking intro to the boss meeting. I'll try and stave off their PsyOps while I'm there.

Last edited:
FurloughedAgain said:
That doesn't quite make sense...

Your NEW LEC should not have a vote on whether to reelect the currence MEC chair and vice-chair.

You are correct I miss-wrote and I don't count on them stepping down or being re-called. There is a growing unrest with this MEC and it will not go away. They will not endorse pilot ratification( should there need to be one) and that is a problem along with their poor communication skills!

Last edited:
Nevertheless, the elections of the new MEC are deadlocked. They'll meet again on Monday. I'm not optimistic about a breakthrough.

~~~^~~~ said:
That is not true.

Consider the challenge made, put up one cintilla of proof of what you wrote, or everyone will simply know you for what you are.

I actually spoke to a senior Comair Captian who told me thatverbatim (he expected to be merged into the DAL list according todate-of-hire)about 5-6 years ago (pre 9-11). No joke - he wasvery serious. You can slam Six all you want but I haveactually heard it myself.

~~~^~~~ said:
The RJDC leadership, Comair and ASA MEC's and their pilots had the right idea with the PID. ... It might have helped galvanize the Delta pilots for C2K, but that fight is over and the ASA pilots were never your enemy.

~~~^~~~

The PID may have been the right idea, but the execution was poor. And I don't know of any Delta pilot who considered the ASA pilots our enemy. Now CMR pilots.....thats another issue.

michael707767 said:
Now CMR pilots.....thats another issue

The words of a true asshole!!!!

You sound like the captain that didn't want me on his jumpseat last Monday.. "I don't want any of you guys on my jumpseat" were his exact words. Until you fire your MEC, you are all a bunch of sh!t heads......

You have to be a complete asshole when your FO and FAs keep apologizing for you.

When are you going to realize we're not your enemy??

Last edited:
chperplt said:
The words of a true asshole!!!!

When are you going to realize we're not your enemy??

asshole huh? Ok, if you say so. Not the enemy? Guess that's why you were so helpful with getting our furloughed guys jobs. You could not even keep your mouths shut about hiring furloughed Delta pilots. I'm not saying you should have been fighting for it, or given our guys pref hiring, but your MEC could not even just stay silent about it. The ASA pilots have been terrific during this whole thing, and the furloughed guys I have talked too that ended up at ASA say they have been very well received.

Fine.. blame our MEC. There are plenty of pilots on the CMR list that were not around then and have nothing to do with your gripe.

Blaming me and taking your anger out on me makes you an asshole. Making a blanket statement that all CMR pilots are your enemy makes you ignorant and very short sighted.

chperplt said:
Fine.. blame our MEC. There are plenty of pilots on the CMR list that were not around then and have nothing to do with your gripe.

Blaming me and taking your anger out on me makes you an asshole. Making a blanket statement that all CMR pilots are your enemy makes you ignorant and very short sighted.

I didn't blame you and I fully realize that there are pilots at CMR who were not even there when some things happened. Jeez, don't take everything so literally.

Latest resources

Back