Comair Pilots - WARNING, WARNING!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
michael707767 said:
asshole huh? Ok, if you say so. Not the enemy? Guess that's why you were so helpful with getting our furloughed guys jobs. You could not even keep your mouths shut about hiring furloughed Delta pilots. I'm not saying you should have been fighting for it, or given our guys pref hiring, but your MEC could not even just stay silent about it. The ASA pilots have been terrific during this whole thing, and the furloughed guys I have talked too that ended up at ASA say they have been very well received.
Just curious...how many furloughed pilots went to ASA..do you know?

spinproof said:
Just curious...how many furloughed pilots went to ASA..do you know?

I know one of the DAL furloughees who went to ASA - he is very gratefulto have a job. I am not sure about the total number offurloughees flying for ASA now. At least ASA provided theopportunity when he needed it.

Mike,

How can I take things less literally when you put it in such a way?

We need to work together to right the ship..

Can we please put this sh1t to rest?

Why is it that every single thread about comair turns into a pissing match with the same handful of gents? DAL guys are furloughed, that sucks. No pilot decided to furlough them, and no pilot decided to hire them at another airline. The moderators should rename the regional section "whiney b1tches". GMAFB already. It was annoying about a year ago, now its just embarrassing.

Heavy Set said:
I actually spoke to a senior Comair Captian who told me thatverbatim (he expected to be merged into the DAL list according todate-of-hire)about 5-6 years ago (pre 9-11). No joke - he wasvery serious. You can slam Six all you want but I haveactually heard it myself.

That is "hear say" not proof. Do you have in writing on official MEC ALPA letter head? If you do show us. You wouldn't win in court with your evidence.

Michael707767,

First of all this is (or was intended to be) a discussion about a current and specific event at Comair. It's not about the PID, about the RJDC, or about your furloughees.

Having said that, the information you're putting out on those issues is less than accurate to put it mildly.

First of all the PID is a dead horse and should be left at that. Pehaps it was not handled properly, as you say. However, who did the mishandling is a matter of opinion. Your opinion is that it was handled poorly by CMR/ASA. Our opinion is that it was handled poorly by your MEC. At this point it does not matter who is right, it's water under the bridge.

As far as the litigation is concerned, that is between ALPA and those that are sueing. It will run its course regardless of the rhetoric, so that is a moot point as well.

With respect to the alleged "treatment" of your furloughees, you need to look to your former MEC Chairman. He is the one that "made the bed", not us.

Regarding your attitude toward Comair pilots, it's up to you all to keep it or change it as you wish. We have been dealing with the "attitude" of your group for more that 10 years, i.e., long before you had any furlougees. For what it's worth, those of us who know the details don't think any better of your "attitude" than you think of ours. So, we're even on that score.

We never picked a fight with you folks, your MEC picked one with us. Your real problem is that you expect us to roll over and just do whatever you all decide is best for us. When we don't you resent us. Well my friend, you're going to have to get used to us not rolling over when you snap your fingers and we're going to have to get used to you resenting us.

Whenever you decide to talk, we will listen. If you don't, oh well. I would ask however, that you not misrepresent the facts. You all seem to have a propensity for doing that.

CarjCapt said:
That is "hear say" not proof.

It's not "hear say" when he's the one who heard it himself. That's evidence. If on the other hand I were to relate that someone told me that he over heard it, that's "hear say".

FDJ2 @ Michael 707:

The charge was that the Comair MEC had proposed DOH and that was a lie.

On Your Six said:
Wait a second, is this the same MEC that basically used the Delta furloughees as a bargaining chip during their time of need? The same MEC that has insisted on integrating the CMR pilots into the Delta seniority list according to date of hire?
See what I mean...

~~~^~~~ said:
FDJ2 @ Michael 707:

The charge was that the Comair MEC had proposed DOH and that was a lie.

We don't know that it's a lie, but we do know that ASA/CMR MECs had written up a DOH integration between themselves, do we know what they had in mind for DAL? Do you think a staple would have worked? Even if the PID had passed, it wouldn't have forced the integration of lists. Had the ASA/CMR MECs had the foresight to negotiate successorship language in their PWA's requiring integration none of this would be an issue for you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back