Comair Pilots - WARNING, WARNING!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

surplus1

The new President of Comair wants to meet with "40 Comair Pilots" so they can "tell him what they think of Comair". The Chief Pilots are soliciting "volunteers" (they have no choice). Meanwhile, the new president has not responded to a request for meeting with the Comair pilots' union reps.

He should know that the pilots think Comair is a great company and the only thing wrong with it is mismanagement by Delta. This man himself is responsible for most of that.

WARNING. - This is an attempt by the new president to bypass our union reps and divide the pilot group. Don't fall for this. This joker needs to know right away that he must deal with our elected reps. If we don't send that message loud and clear, he'll walk all over us.

Even if you disagree with some of your reps, the solidarity of the pilots is our only hope. We must stand together as one. (Who we elect to represent us has nothing to do with our solidarity). This guy is a hatchet man who would like nothing better than to be able to divide us. Don't let him do it!

Special meetings with a select group of pilot "volunteers" (instead of our elected reps) is a standard union-busting strategy. It has only ONE purpose and that is NOT to learn what the pilots "think about Comair". IT'S PURPOSE IS TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER FROM WITHIN.

This new president needs to know that Comair pilots will do everything reasonable to keep our Company successful and the best. He also needs to know that Comair pilots will not be played against each other by anyone. The best way to send that message is not with 40 pilots in a special meeting, it is with ZERO pilots in special meetings. "MY MEC SPEAKS FOR ME!" is the only message he should get.

The Master Warning is flashing red --- there is only one memory item on this one --- MY MEC SPEAKS FOR ME.

Brothers and sisters, please, don't get this one wrong.

I would love to see the reaction if a pilot at CMR told him "if we flew airplanes like you guys run a company, there would be alot of smoking holes in the ground"

Together we stand, divided we fall. Best of luck to the CMR guys and gals.

Pinnacle has tried a few similar events. The CEO also comes into every recurrent class and tries to get "feedback" from the pilots. Just like you said, it's nothing but a divide and conquer strategy. They especially like to talk to the new guys that don't know better and think that management just values their opinion. Spread the word that "My MEC speaks for me."

ultrarunner said:
Take a valium suplus1. You'll feel better.

I feel great! What's your problem?

PS: If you're not a CMR pilot you know what you can do, right?

By passing the union leadership and dealing directly with the pilots is an old union busting technique as is the old carrot and stick approach ( give me what I want and we'll grow, don't and your future is bleak). I suppose you can expect both approaches, but then again maybe he sincerely wants to have a dialogue with the rank and file and discuss the real problems and opportunities facing CMR.

surplus1 said:
I feel great! What's your problem?

PS: If you're not a CMR pilot you know what you can do, right?

Well, you'll have a great relationship with the company you work for with that attitude. Oh wait, you work for the MEC, they control your life. NOT management..that's right.

God freaking forbid some incoming exec wants to chat with the troops.

BTW, when was the last time a union was busted and de-certified in the airline industry utilizing the communication example you site. HUH, when was it?

BTW, IMO, I don't really see that your MEC has done you any favors over the last few years.

Remember, MEC officials are "elected" officials, and you my friend are kidding yourself if you think that they are not politically motivated.

Management is the least of your worries.

ultrarunner said:
Management is the least of your worries.

I agree union leaders have political concerns to worry about. Yet giventhe blood letting over the last few years this above statement is aboutthe most clueless remarks I've seen in a long time on this board.

Last edited:
Surplus,

I think the majority of us are on the same page here.

Fred can jump up and down all he wants. GG made Freds job a lot harder a few weeks ago. Telling everyone we have the lowest overal cost structure of any DCI carrier... why should we take a cut? I think they should focus their energy on getting the other DCI carriers cost structure in line with ours.

Latest resources

Back