Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sinca3 said:
IFFF:
You sir are "real classy" Although I have been to only one LEC/MEC meeting during my short tenure here at ASA due to conflicting trips. I am part of the union in that I volunteer my time for different committees. I fly the contract fly the POH /SP's. I hope ASA gets drastic improvements in all parts of our contract.
I have been to Lunch with Skip and I have had been to a meeting with Fred. I resient the fact you think we are "kool aid" drinkers. I go to these events to see in person what our mgmnt is saying. Not some crew room gossip. I ask point blank questions and watch them tip toe around for the best answer they can come up with. I hear some new news and flat out lies (from Fred)
I hope you will consider what you say more often. I take offense at your unfounded allegations!

Sinca3,

Bravo sir for standing your ground. I have been volunteering my time to ALPA for 10 years here at ASA. I can tell you that both sides can serve up a healthy portion of koolaid. My advice is to participate with BOTH sides and make up your own mind. Do not let either side tell you what to believe. Do not allow management to tell you who to listen to and likewise do not let ALPA tell you who to listen to. The truth usually lies in the middle. I too participate in the meetings with managment. I listen to what they have to say and if needed, I tell them when I disagree. I also participate in meetings with ALPA and when necessary tell them when I disagree. I have argued with both senior ASA managment and with Duane Woerth. They both have agendas and neither Duane nor Skip's agenda is necessarily the best for you. Continue to do what you are doing and make informed decisions based on BOTH sides of the issues.

Inclusivescope

Last edited:
InclusiveScope said:
Payback is a bitch! I'm sick and tired of the Delta pilots expecting ASA and CMR pilots to take care of furloughed Delta pilots. Maybe your MEC should take care of them!

I don't expect the ASA or CMR pilots to take care of our fuloughed guys (interesting that ASA did though). Frankly, its not your job and should be the job of our MEC. (Which in my opinion they have failed miserably). Just don't talk to me about cooperation. Paybacks are a bitch, and I expect you will not be on the good end of it when it all settles out.

I heard that the ASA MEC had nothing to do with ASA's decision to hire furloughed pilots. It was management all the way and they told the MEC that they were going to do it.

Stink

capt.snitch said:
I heard that the ASA MEC had nothing to do with ASA's decision to hire furloughed pilots. It was management all the way and they told the MEC that they were going to do it.
This might be true.....but the MEC didn't raise a stink about it either!

When did our union start having anything to do with hiring. I always thought that we applied to the company and they did the hiring. A friend of mine was hired at ASA after being furloughed and said that the only strange part was having to be interviewed by the VP ops.

So what if the MEC had raised a stink? Is there a hiring clause in the ASA contract?

dooshbahg said:
Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah...

I'm a bigger d!ck than YOU are...

Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah...

You missed my point... I wasn't calling him a dick. I was saying that neither of us will be on the good end of it when it all settles out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back