Comair Pilots - WARNING, WARNING!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Use the MEC? Bad idea...

Wait a second, is this the same MEC that basically used the Delta furloughees as a bargaining chip during their time of need? The same MEC that has insisted on integrating the CMR pilots into the Delta seniority list according to date of hire? The same MEC that has virtually destroyed any goodwill between the CMR and Delta pilot groups? Yeah, I'd personally think twice about having them speak for you....

they don't care what you think

The MEC keeps is silence because they don't want to hear the reality. They want to protect their little wedge of the pie at your expense. Its egos and politics, self interest rules. Why do you think they are so scared you might actually attend a meeting. You might actually think for yourself.
Ask your rep what is the MECs plan to grow the airline ? Do they have any plans except bash the new CEO and tell him how much money Comair made. We have a great opportunity to grow this airline, Fred has the ear of mother Delta, something Randy didn't seem to have.
The MEC chair makes over 160K a year, is he really worth that? He nullified his own election to delay it and keep himself in power. He gave paid time off for the new status reps to have a BBQ at his house, buying his way back in. Did you know this ? Did the Union explain this? Did you even vote last time, chances are you didn't since less than 40% of the pilot group voted.
Did you know there are 30 more EMB sitting in Brazil just waiting for CHQ. Did you know Republic has options for even more. Where do you think they're going?

On Your Six said:
Wait a second, is this the same MEC that basically used the Delta furloughees as a bargaining chip during their time of need? The same MEC that has insisted on integrating the CMR pilots into the Delta seniority list according to date of hire? The same MEC that has virtually destroyed any goodwill between the CMR and Delta pilot groups? Yeah, I'd personally think twice about having them speak for you....

I don't know who I trust less the Comair MEC or Management.

9rj9 said:
Looks like I'm in the minority. I hope you're right. Ihopethat our unwillingness to discuss any reform will add 50 shinynewjets.
Lets be realistic, they can't give us anything or theywillreward our current MEC for bad behavior. Just stonewalling themwillonly continue to send new aircraft to CHQ and others. I don't likeit,but they have us by the balls. Don't think for one minute we are inanyposition to gain additional aircraft.
Why do you think Randy left, he wasn't forcred out, he just sawnofuture. Fred came here to get cuts or break up the airline. I hopeI'mwrong.

9rj9,
You're not in the minority...I happen to agree with you and Italk tomany of our pilots who feel the same way. I don'tthink stonewallingwill do a bit of good. This is 2005, but too manypeople are acting likeit's early 2001. I'm sure some of the old CMRpeople here will get allemotional over this and start trying to"educate" me but I care aboutthis airline as much as they do and I haveto wonder if it will even bearound in ten years at the rate we're going.We have ZERO leverage butguys keep beating their chest as if we actuallyown all the flying. Putyourselves in Delta's shoes...they'll justtransfer the flying elsewhereso they don't have to put up with ourpesky pilot group. Wake up folks!
Otto
p.s. some spaces between words keep getting eliminated when I post. Sorry...not my fault :)

Just have your MEC leadership be the only ones that offer to attend the meeting.

surplus1 said:
It has only ONE purpose and that is NOT to learn what the pilots "think about Comair". IT'S PURPOSE IS TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER FROM WITHIN.

This new president needs to know that Comair pilots will do everything reasonable to keep our Company successful and the best. He also needs to know that Comair pilots will not be played against each other by anyone. The best way to send that message is not with 40 pilots in a special meeting, it is with ZERO pilots in special meetings. "MY MEC SPEAKS FOR ME!" is the only message he should get.

The Master Warning is flashing red --- there is only one memory item on this one --- MY MEC SPEAKS FOR ME.

Brothers and sisters, please, don't get this one wrong.

I heard that once behind the closed doors of these so-called "meetings", the unsuspecting pilots will strapped to tables and Management Stooge Chips will forcibly be implanted in their brains. Then, all outward appearances unchanged yet now deprived of Free Will, guided by their handlers they will go forth to walk among you parroting mngmt lies and deceit so cunningly devised that small ripples of disatisfaction within the rank-and-file will soon increase in amplitude until they are Tidal Waves of Fear that sweep feelings of Brotherhood out to the Sea of Suspicion where your Union is ultimately sucked down and destroyed in the Maelstrom of Disunity.

You're doing good work here, educating the less-knowledgable about the true malicious intent of this devlish "Meetings" plot devised by the Evildoers...one that has been used successfully so many, many times before. Many, many times. These "meetings" are indeed a big, big deal....you just can't overstate it...and it's good that you're telling people the one thing they must remember and do to deflect this incredible danger.

On Your Six said:
The same MEC that has insisted on integrating the CMR pilots into the Delta seniority list according to date of hire?

That is not true.

Consider the challenge made, put up one cintilla of proof of what you wrote, or everyone will simply know you for what you are.

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
You are a liar.

Fins

I've read the quote several times I can't seem to find where he lied!!!

Latest resources

Back