• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Pilots - WARNING, WARNING!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I had to go I would, but I would keep my mouth shut. We had a similar deal at CHQ (I am now a corporate pilot) when Bedford first came to the company. A gal got really vocal and confrontational. Guess what, when she got her Capt. award she busted out of training and got fired... I don't think that was a coincidence.

Surplus1,

I could not agree more!!! Remember when they came to the crew room for their contract briefing and we all got up and left? Awesome baby! No one should meet with fred! Ultrarunner, remember december? Fred has not said one word about what he is going to do about the customer service debacle. Only the pilots have talked about what needs to be done. I don't know if you work in this industry, but I kind of doudt it. The rank and file (that includes non pilot types as well) are always looking to improve customer service. Management only talks about and worries about cost. Why, because they get a bonus every time they take some thing from the other employee groups. They don't get bonuses for happy customers so they don't care about them, only cost. He!!, they probably think customers are a cost, as in it cost so much to give them a drink and those pretzels cost so much per thousand bags, etc.

should I let my MEC speak for me?

Is it any wonder that the new CEO doesn't want to talk to the MEC chair, what would be the point? He has absolutely nothing new to offer. Now he has attacked the new CEO less than a week into his tenure. Nice job! True professional.

The MEC chairman pulls in over 160K a year and seems to only work to keep his position of power. The MEC continues to keep the majority in the dark about what they do and why. So we should elect them and not hold them accountable for their inaction or should we just blindly follow them off the cliff.

During the last bid for aircraft the MEC stonewalled the company, only to promote a combined CMR/ASA. Was this the best option? I guess they could be right, but we will see no growth and may even be destroyed unless the MEC opens some serious dialog with the new CEO. Fred came here to give CMR one last chance of getting its costs in order. Remember he goes right back to DCI chair once he plunders the airline.

Delta just wrote down CMR and ASA to the tune of 1.9 billion, a prelude of things to come. Aircraft could be transferred and Comair will become a shell company that maintains aircraft and runs gates, no aircraft, and no pilots. Not one thing prevents this. Nothing!

If you want a career at CMR call your status rep and explain your concern over our Union's actions.

Fred came here to give CMR one last chance of getting its costs in order.

It's misinformed pilots like you that are half the problem.

Why do we need to get our costs in order? Stop looking at pilot costs as the problem. Look at our overall cost structure. What does it cost CRM to move one passenger one mile. The answer to that is less than it costs anyone else in the DCI system.

With that being said, why do we need to get our costs in order? It looks to me like our costs are already in order. We have high aircraft utilization, low APU usage, we use SE taxing as much as possible, and many other cost saving measures that are obviously working.

GG said it himself... we have the lowest overall cost.. say it with me now.. Lowest overall cost!!

9rj9

Who appointed you management's shill? We have "the lowestoverall costs of any of the 7 largest regional airlines." That is a direct quote from Gerald Grinstein, CEO of Delta. Our costs, in order to be inline would have to rise. We are not getting aircraft because they are trying to break us, they are still trying to win one back from the strike. I don't think they can continue to cut off their nose to spite their face much longer though. Look at how much they lost last quarter.

misinformed

True, we may have the lowest cost stucture but its not about costs and you know it. Delta has a long history of spending a dollar to save a dime. Its about lowering the pilot costs and making more money. Thats their job.
If the MEC doesn't come up with a plan I promise we will never see another aircraft. It doesn't have to be huge pay cut, it doesn't have to be work rules, we just have to show we want additional aircraft and offer something. Don't let the guys at the top brainwash you that they care about you sitting right seat for the next 10 years. Don't believe that they will not transfer every aircraft to another carrier. Lets get our head out of the sand and open some serious discussion on the future of Comair.

We are trying to open serious discussions with them. They don't want to get serious with us!

9rj9,

Are you for real!

Do you even work for Comair.

If you do work for Comair. You need to have that peice of glass installed in your stomach so you can see where you're going.

If you want to give something back, go to that meeting with phreddy boy and give him your pay check. Tell him that you want to work for free!

701EV

its clear that our future growth is doomed

Looks like I'm in the minority. I hope you're right. I hope that our unwillingness to discuss any reform will add 50 shiny new jets.
Lets be realistic, they can't give us anything or they will reward our current MEC for bad behavior. Just stonewalling them will only continue to send new aircraft to CHQ and others. I don't like it, but they have us by the balls. Don't think for one minute we are in any position to gain additional aircraft.
Why do you think Randy left, he wasn't forcred out, he just saw no future. Fred came here to get cuts or break up the airline. I hope I'm wrong.

surplus1 said:
surplus1 said:
This new president needs to know that Comair pilots will do everything reasonable to keep our Company successful and the best. He also needs to know that Comair pilots will not be played against each other by anyone. The best way to send that message is not with 40 pilots in a special meeting, it is with ZERO pilots in special meetings. "MY MEC SPEAKS FOR ME!" is the only message he should get.

The Master Warning is flashing red --- there is only one memory item on this one --- MY MEC SPEAKS FOR ME.

Brothers and sisters, please, don't get this one wrong.

Now if we could only get them to speak To US !

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back