Comair Is Imploding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a non-troll post? say it aint so?!

What do you think the odds are of convincing the remaining old-fags in there that the 20% raise they may have dangled in front of them in the coming years will not be worth the 120 seat scope concession?

Maybe not all that great, but those 100 pilots a yes vote does not make.
A large majority have experienced directly what scope relief can do

What do you think the odds are of convincing the remaining old-fags in there that the 20% raise they may have dangled in front of them in the coming years will not be worth the 120 seat scope concession?

I'll drop back under the bridge when the fools come out. ;) It prob won't take long...

The rumor of X scope concession for y% payraise has been floated up in several different forms in recent months, and the pitchforks and torches have come out so fast in response that I think there is a 0% chance of any further small jet scope concession ever happening.

99% of the guys I fly with know what the mistake was with letting the RJs get out of hand. Further, a huge amount of the population would cause so much of a problem that any hint of small jet scope concession would never make it past a whisper (as evidenced by the past year or so with the occassional rumor).

Joint Venture/code share scope is the next major threat... ALPA has been quite proactive, however the Alaska JV (the first that they did of its sort) was poorly done. It seems they learned a bit from that one with the JVs that have come down the pipe since then, in fact the scope protections in the Air France JV are the best I've seen at any airline. Go figure.

What did I read about the industry leading contract after the 2000 strike?

Says the guy who's spent his entire career on the outside looking in.........we're all familiar with the reasons why you were never selected to play on the varsity team. Now run along....

Says the guy who's spent his entire career on the outside looking in.........we're all familiar with the reasons why you were never selected to play on the varsity team. Now run along....
Comair=Varsity? True I may have been looking in, but I have had a ball, looking back not sure I would change much. In fact one the best thigns ever happened to me was not getting hired a UAL in 1996. Still running along thank you.

Id say 100% got the 20%, no 120 seats at regionals and a new 107 seat plane for me!

Wow, spend the day reviving a bunch of old threads and brag about the demise of one of your feeders. You are a stand up individual.

Wow did you read the post I quoted? it was a guy claiming we would sell out on 120 seat scope for a 20 percent pay raise and I was pointing out we got the 20 percent pay raise 107 seat planes and no sell out on the 120 seat scope for the regional.
So no dumbazz i wasnt talking about the demise of a feeder.

Latest resources

Back