• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Is Imploding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1) things change daily in this industry. Thats why I said that.

2) You getting those A/C is not a great thing for others, and you are correct sir, I would rather not work with you. I am very happy where I am.

wrong......thats not what you said, if you had I never would have responded to you.

This is what you said.

" proving somebody wrong a year after the fact in this industry is lame."

completely different

It also wasn't just what someone said or claimed in this ever changing industry, again or I wouldn't have brought it up, it was an arrogant threat.

Last edited:
we don't need as many pilots now thanks to the wonderful productivity "enhancements" that the new contract allows-thanks dalpa

There will still be plenty of retirements, but the economy isn't helping right now. There were some enhancements that delay hiring, but offering a good retirement exit (which included medical for a few years) and only 150 or so took it? That means something right there. There are plenty who don't want to take the chance or plenty who know healthcare is expensive for them and their spouses. I don't like that, but eventually hundreds will leave each year, and things will get moving. Have you seen the A330 categories? FOs on that thing are just as old as the Captains, and they all will be moving on soon.

Bye Bye---General Lee

curious.....who is it not great for

AT pilots and DCI pilots. The 717s may actually take back routes that were handed to DCI in the last decade. No wonder they aren't happy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

people are moving, but we aren't backfilling. my seniority has gone up over 400 numbers in the last two years, but nobody has come in below us. they're slowly shrinking us. loss of 400 bodies and nobody to replace them is pretty significant.

people are moving, but we aren't backfilling. my seniority has gone up over 400 numbers in the last two years, but nobody has come in below us. they're slowly shrinking us. loss of 400 bodies and nobody to replace them is pretty significant.

agreed but after merging two very large airlines the amount we have shrunk is far far less than I expected from overlap

Latest resources

Back