• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Is Imploding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What did I read about the industry leading contract after the 2000 strike?

You help manage bottom basement night freight so don't act like you are some Wise Oracle of the airline biz. Quite frankly Comair was doing fine in the events pre/post strike. 9/11 hadn't happened when they signed that deal and more importantly mainline scope clauses hadn't been BOHICA'd. When that happened it allowed the likes of CHQ, Mesa, TSA, and yes Skywest (70 seat=50 pay) to grow like weeds.

Thus the joys of whipsawing were brought to the forefront as a whole crop of RJ guys look firstly at how soon they would upgrade and a distance second at what they would make. When the heyday of the 50 seater passed a few years ago it left Comair in a bad spot. If labor played any hand in Comair's demise it is was in the fact few had the b@lls to get what they deserve to fly the career killing lawn darts around.

Last edited:
Personally I would rather see the flying return to all the mainlines and out of the regionals! Let us implode in peace! It was a good run! Someone else has already grabbed the new spot as the "industry leading" contract. As usual the rest will try to undercut the new "industry leader" and the cycle continues!

Errr ... not true .. not true at all.

+1 Ask the average 20 year captain at OH his opinion about Delta! They dug their own grave years ago and now they are scrambling to figure out which plane they can bid to stay in CVG on a monthly basis. Alot of those guys are back on reserve! Funny to watch the same names on every new displacement bid that comes out. Back and forth!

Speaking of chickens and flightless birds, must be a sad world for you to be grounded in your little pathetic office existence at your age. Slow day in the cargo business there eh? Guess the bosses are letting you surf the web during the slow time with the requirement you virtually piss on current aviators.

When his boss is his son, he can do what he wants. Once USA Jet gets one of those great contracts (will never happen) maybe he won't have so much time on his hands.

Just like the frontier guys, I bet the old guard Comair boys would sure loved to be stamped to the 2001 delta seniority list right about now (but of course they wanted DOH).

Not true, the majority of us would have gladly taken a staple.

Pilotyip really seems to know a lot.
Everyone should listen to his wise words.

Fot someone so full of themselves you think they would check facts before they spout off about things they know little or nothing about.

The strike was in 2001, not 2000.

Pilotyip really seems to know a lot.
Everyone should listen to his wise words.

Fot someone so full of themselves you think they would check facts before they spout off about things they know little or nothing about.

The strike was in 2001, not 2000.
so I nm off a year, I was only responding to the posts I saw from the Comair pilots back in that time frame about how they had fought the good fight to make Comair a good place to work. Good for them, but a union cannot provide job security, only the consumer can provide job security. In the end the consumer of Comair product was not happy with the product.

If a 5% raise causes a regional to lose flying because costs went out of control, the problem doesn't lie with wages.

Latest resources

Back