• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Is Imploding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If a 5% raise causes a regional to lose flying because costs went out of control, the problem doesn't lie with wages.
yea it lies with the consumer of the product

yea it lies with the consumer of the product

Or Delta pissed off because of a strike ( I know, I spoke to Dick Anderson Personally on this) and of course the Comair MEC not looking out for the pilots at Delta when times got tough. This is payback-pure and simple. Tooo bad a lot of innocent people are suffering for this.

Just like the frontier guys, I bet the old guard Comair boys would sure loved to be stamped to the 2001 delta seniority list right about now (but of course they wanted DOH).

Nice try but that's a lie put out by DALPA and D.Wuerth because they were upset that the ASA and CA MECs went directly to national about a pilot merger. A few senior pilots wanted DOH, but the majority were in favor of a staple. The same staple DAL pilots wanted when the furloughs started.

Exactly,

You should be PROUD of an industry leading contract when you work for the same company who's name is painted on the plane. All an "industry leading" contract for a subcontractor does for you is give you "high fives" or "beers at the bar" from other lower paid subcontractor pilots whose companies eventually take over your flying due to being cheaper and leading to you losing your Captain's seat or job.

This is no joke. Ask Comair or Horizon pilots....
You broke the code. Its a race to the bottom and we are all winning.

You should be PROUD of an industry leading contract when you work for the same company who's name is painted on the plane. All an "industry leading" contract for a subcontractor does for you is give you "high fives" or "beers at the bar" from other lower paid subcontractor pilots whose companies eventually take over your flying due to being cheaper and leading to you losing your Captain's seat or job.

This is no joke. Ask Comair or Horizon pilots....

I do work for the same company who's name is painted on the plane, it's just that the company name happens to be like a small paint smudge on the fuselage under the cockpit, starting with the words "Operated by........"

The rest of the plane is painted as Delta Connection.

:rolleyes:

If you are talking to Delta pilots from years ago that let the scope turn to shat.....ok...if you are talking to me you couldn't be more wrong....I know full well who is responsible for scope release. Now that I am at Delta I will do everything in my voting power to stop the bleeding. I hold nothing against the regionals for scope....it wasn't their choice.

I was in the regionals for ten years....I think it is bad for pilots when the majors let go of scope AND I think it is bad for pilots when a regional pilot is "happy" getting more large rj's.

Don't you think it appears mildly hypocritical to work for a regional for ten years, get your PIC time and then AFTER you get to Delta "do everything in your power to stop the bleeding"?

I hope you are sucessful in pullling up the very same rope you climbed up

P.S. I dont want anymore growth at the regionals either.

Don't you think it appears mildly hypocritical to work for a regional for ten years, get your PIC time and then AFTER you get to Delta "do everything in your power to stop the bleeding"?

I hope you are sucessful in pullling up the very same rope you climbed up

P.S. I dont want anymore growth at the regionals either.

Completely idiotic statement, coop... and hypocritical in the exact same sense you accuse buck of being.

You don't want growth at the regionals, but yet you want us to fix scope, but yet fixing it is pulling up the ladder, which makes Buck hypocritical? Wow. I gotta hand it to you, that's a good one.

How about that the previous generation were ignorant of the effects of scope, screwed the whole thing up, and now it's up to us to fix it? That's not pulling up the ladder, that's knowing there were terrible errors made and trying to turn this into some semblence of a career again (instead of arguing over where the new 9E JCBA is "industry leading".... when a regional gets an hourly payrate above 250 we can talk about that). It is on mainline pilot groups and mainline pilot groups alone to fix the scope problems that we have.

Completely idiotic statement, coop... and hypocritical in the exact same sense you accuse buck of being.

You don't want growth at the regionals, but yet you want us to fix scope, but yet fixing it is pulling up the ladder, which makes Buck hypocritical? Wow. I gotta hand it to you, that's a good one.

How about that the previous generation were ignorant of the effects of scope, screwed the whole thing up, and now it's up to us to fix it? That's not pulling up the ladder, that's knowing there were terrible errors made and trying to turn this into some semblence of a career again (instead of arguing over where the new 9E JCBA is "industry leading".... when a regional gets an hourly payrate above 250 we can talk about that). It is on mainline pilot groups and mainline pilot groups alone to fix the scope problems that we have.

a non-troll post? say it aint so?!

What do you think the odds are of convincing the remaining old-fags in there that the 20% raise they may have dangled in front of them in the coming years will not be worth the 120 seat scope concession?

Latest resources

Back