• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Furloughs...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Drag, We were waiting to see who the first happy A$$ Hole was going to be and you have won the price. Thank You for Playing A$$ Hole. UBA757

drag said:
Wow, this sounds like a mainline board when CMR had no problem taking DAL flying. "70 seaters!! 70 seaters!!" while DAL has 1000 on the street. RJDC! RJDC!
How's this for tough medicine. DAL can outsource to other RJ Providers for a better price thus making DAL more efficient and profitable. Isn't that want you want??? My how the table can turn.

Boy are you misguided, so it's the regional pilots fault that delta furloughed? I am pretty sure that when you guys started furloughing there were not ANY pilot's saying serves them right. You make me ashamed to call myself a colleague of yours. Good luck Comair folks.

flyinglow said:
This a sad state of affairs. Flying is not being reduced, it is just being transferred to the lowest bidder.

That's the bottom line.

Comair took upon themselves to lead the battle against the "virtual B scale" in this segment of the industry, but when they turned around to check out who was behind them all they saw was the rest of us preparing to shoot them in the back.

I'm sure the self-serving revisionist historians will disagree.

fugghedabowdit said:
Lets put the blame where it is due....

MESA

We've all been in self-preservation mode ever since.
If you want to point the fingers in Mesa's direction, then point it at the right people at least: the scumbag Freedumb A-listers. The Mesa pilots had to fight these jerks, and the result was a substandard contract in exchange for tight scope language. Blame the Freedumb pseudo-SCABs, not the real Mesa pilots. They started this downslide.

I wish you guys the best of luck, this really sucks. A few months ago you guys gave pay freeze for growth, and now lookat this, allthe growth is going to Mesa Whorelines....

In its bankruptcy filing, Mesaba President and Chief Operating Officer John Spanjers said Mesaba will use bankruptcy to get "labor costs that will allow it to offer a competitive product to any major airline."

FreightNazi said:
In its bankruptcy filing, Mesaba President and Chief Operating Officer John Spanjers said Mesaba will use bankruptcy to get "labor costs that will allow it to offer a competitive product to any major airline."

That idiot is an idiot for not covering the airline's ass before it came to this. Why wasn't he trying to work deals with other carriers in the past?

You guys help set the bar for regional pay and QOL. Now you're being hosed. It really is a crappy deal. Good luck guys, I really hate to see this.

Latest resources

Back