• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair exit poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just looked at the Delta flight schedule for March 4th from MSP to CVG There are now a total of seven flights in the Delta system on that date between the two cities mentioned. NWA also sends some planes out between the cities on Mesaba.

There are zero mainline aircraft flying it for Delta, and there are seven Comair flights. Of those seven Comair flights, 4 are 50 seaters, and 3 are 70 seaters.

Why do you suppose that is? Is the Delta management so stupid that they won't put any of their money making Mainline airplanes on that route? They want only to fly the money losing Comair RJ's between these two major market hubs; one being a NWA hub and the other a Delta hub! ?

That really puzzles me, given the assertion that RJ's are more costly than mainline aircraft flown by mainline pilots.

Hmmmm?

acarpe3448 said:
The funny thing is that as Delta shifted more and more flying to RJ's, the more RJ's the more RJ's they purchased, the more Delta Connection grew, the MORE MONEY DELTA LOST! It's a fact.

Your correlation is rediculous.

My correlation is not any more rediculous than Comair's claim that an increase in RJ flying was helping Delta's bottom line. The fact is, as the RJ's increased over the past several years, Delta's losses increased. Comair pilots are getting a taste of that humble pie, realizing that they are not worth anymore than anyone else. It's a sad fact, I wish we all could go back to where we were.

acarpe3448 said:
My correlation is not any more rediculous than Comair's claim that an increase in RJ flying was helping Delta's bottom line. The fact is, as the RJ's increased over the past several years, Delta's losses increased. Comair pilots are getting a taste of that humble pie, realizing that they are not worth anymore than anyone else. It's a sad fact, I wish we all could go back to where we were.

Comair is making a profit; Delta mainline is losing money. Your statement is false, and foolish.

jarhead said:
Comair is making a profit

Prove it. The truth is, no one outside of DCI and DAL management has any idea how profitable CMR and ASA are. They don't report earnings or anything else publicly. You can guess, but that's about it. Besides, how much does DAL contribute to the DCI operation? Gates, ticket counters, reservations, marketing, etc... are all paid for by mother Delta.

I don't need to "prove it" to you or any other mindless and faceless entity on these boards. I know what I know, and I believe what I believe. You can whistle as you walk past the cemetery all you like; it's no concern of mine whatsoever. Believe what you want to.......

acarpe3448 said:
I believe Comair pilots look like big time idiots about right now. I believe what I believe.

Ain't democracy great! We all get to believe what we choose to believe. 61 % of Comair Pilots believed differently than 39%. Live with it..........(BTW, you have no choice)

Latest resources

Back