Comair exit poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
Prove it. The truth is, no one outside of DCI and DAL management has any idea how profitable CMR and ASA are. They don't report earnings or anything else publicly. You can guess, but that's about it. Besides, how much does DAL contribute to the DCI operation? Gates, ticket counters, reservations, marketing, etc... are all paid for by mother Delta.
True.

Hey Sports Fans, the days of Fee for Departure are over. When Comair has to operate a CRJ on a revenue sharing agreement we will see just how little money $20 million is.

Who wants a bet on management coming back again saying "things have changed..."

jarhead said:
I don't need to "prove it" to you or any other mindless and faceless entity on these boards. I know what I know, and I believe what I believe. You can whistle as you walk past the cemetery all you like; it's no concern of mine whatsoever. Believe what you want to.......

If you're spouting out your nut drainer that you know for a fact that CMR is profitable, then indeed you do need to prove it!
If you believe what you believe, you might want to prepare yourself for the Easter Bunny coming in a few weeks.

737 Pylt said:
If you're spouting out your nut drainer that you know for a fact that CMR is profitable, then indeed you do need to prove it!
If you believe what you believe, you might want to prepare yourself for the Easter Bunny coming in a few weeks.

No, I don't need to prove it, or anything else I believe; to you or any other poster on this board. I could not prove to you that we have one sun in our planetary system if you choose do disbelieve it and argue ad infinitem that there are two of them.

I challenge you to find anything on these boards of a controversial nature, that an advocate of either side has ever proved anything sufficiently to change an opponent’s view on the topic. Show me even one post where you personally have been swayed to the opposite side of an argument that you are passionate about. We all believe what we believe. Your demand for me to prove what I believe to be the case will go without action by me……it would be a colossal waste of my time. And if I were to convince you after depositions, research and postings of historical documents, etc, what would I have accomplished in the extremely remote possibility that you would capitulate and say, “I was wrong. You were right”?

Sorry bud, you (a nameless unknown entity to me) just aren’t worth the wasted effort to me.

acarpe3448 said:
I disagree with you.

And I disagree with you.

The ALPA national disagreement may have been a part of the RJDC agenda, but it was very obvious that Ford and crew wanted to get rid of the Delta scope language so that they may get all of the jets they wanted, and any number of seats.

That may be your opinion but it is not a fact and your opinion is wrong. The "ALPA national disagreement" as you call it is all of the RJDC agenda, not a part of it. The RJDC does want to get rid of that portion of the Delta scope language that was negotiated illegally and in violation of ALPA's Duty of Fair Representation to Comair pilots. That is neither a secret nor a revelation. The rest of your scope clause is of no concern and never has been.

Your idea that the Delta pilots have the right to control the future of Comair pilots is erroneous. You did not have that right in the past, you do not have it now and you will not have it in the future. Your anger against Comair pilots obviously stems from the fact that your MEC has been twarthed in its attempts to control the future of Comair pilots and your fear that the litigation will prevent ALPA and you both from any such attempts in the future.

As long as Comair is not a part of Delta or operationally intergrated with Delta, a condition that Delta pilots, the Delta MEC and the ALPA have collectively and unilaterally determined to be so, it follows that you, Delta pilots, have no right at all to regulate or control the activities of Comair pilots or the equipment that they fly. Whether or not you like that, you made the bed along with ALPA and you will have to live with the consequence of your decision.

The real problem you have with Comair pilots is that they have refused to allow you to dictate or determine their future without their consent. I'm sorry to tell you this but you will have to get used to the fact that Comair pilots will determine their own future for themselves and will not permit that future to be determined by the dictates of Delta pilots, the Delta MEC or the ALPA.

The Delta pilots are not the owners of Delta Air Lines nor the owners of Comair. You are employees of the corporation and no more. Delta Air Lines can dictate what Comair does; Delta pilots cannot. Get used to that for the time will come when the courts dictate it to you.

BTW, your idea that the RJDC is dead is premature. It is alive and well and gets closer to wining every day. Fear not, ALPA will not escape its day in court.

The RJDC saw the postt 9-11 environment as their golden opportunity to try to shift all the flying they could, along with 90-100 seaters.

That is an absurdity and a patently false statement. The RJDC was formed in 2000. The litigation against the ALPA was originally filed in May of 2001, long before anyone had any idea that 9-11 would occur. The litigation makes no reference whatever to aircraft with 90-100 seats. What's the matter, are you afraid the company will force you to give those up too? If they do, you'll have no one to blame but yourselves.

They clearly stated that they felt their careers were being harmed due to scope limitations. The Comair pilots were looking out for themselves in this case, and in every case.

You finally got something right. Our careers were being harmed by airtificial and illegitimate scope restrictions and they still are. If you or anyone else in ALPA wishes to place limitations on the flying that Comair pilots can do in our own airline, it will have to be done with our agreement or not at all. We are not going to allow Delta pilots or ALPA to do it for us against our will. We are looking out for ourselves and we will continue to do so. If we don't do that who will do it for us, you? Is that any different from what you do? Where did you get the idea that the Delta pilots are the only "annointed ones" with the exclusive right to look out for themselves?

Don't try to deny that they wanted more planes, more growth, more money, regardless of the number of pilots on furlough from Delta.

Who is trying to deny it? Of course we want more planes, more growth and more money! None of that has anything to do with how many pilots are on furlough at Delta or any other airline. Are you trying to tell me that Delta pilots will not want more planes, not want more growth and not want more money because of anything that happens at Comair, whether good, bad or indifferent? Who are you trying to kid?

You, the Delta pilots and your MEC, were the one's who decided that you wanted no part of us, we were separate and that is how you wanted it to stay. You made certain that the ALPA agreed with you. Well, buddy you got exactly what you wanted. What would you like us to do now, quit because some of you were furloughed from your separate airline? What are you smoking? Would you like us to step down and invite you to sit in our left seats? I tell you what, he11 will freeze over before that happens on this property.

If you had wanted unity with us you could have had it on a silver platter. You rejected it, now live with the results of your decision.

I regret that you were furloughed, and I'm happy if you have been recalled. But, I do not regret it any more than I regret the furloughs at AAA, UAL, AA, NWA, ACA, EGL, ATA or anybody else. You are not any more special than anyone else. You have never given us any special treatment other than a special screwing; why do you expect special treatment from us?

Comair kept telling us how the more RJ's they got, the better off it would be for Delta's bottom line. The funny thing is that as Delta shifted more and more flying to RJ's, the more RJ's the more RJ's they purchased, the more Delta Connection grew, the MORE MONEY DELTA LOST! It's a fact.

Yes, it is a fact that as the so-called Delta Connection grew, Delta lost more money. However, it is not a fact that the growth of DCI was the cause of that loss. In fact there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary. The money that Delta lost would have been much greater if it were not for the Delta Connection system and the millions of revenue passengers it has brought and continues to bring to the Delta system.

You are free to have whatever prejudices you choose to harbour and to express them, but you would do much better if you made an effort to avoid mixing the fiction of your prejudice with the reality of events. It does not compute.

If it was not better for Delta's bottom line to operate more RJ's, Delta would stop buying them for Delt subsidiaries and also from subcontracting with non-Delta owned companies to operate them. I suggest you stick to flying Delta's airplanes. Management already has more than it can handle without your help. Thank goodness Delta didn't choose you as CEO for you sure don't know what you're talking about.

We of Comair would like Delta Air Lines to recover from its problems, because Delta's problems have become Comair's problems. After all we are owned by Delta and we know that.

Comair is far from perfect but it is not one of Delta's "problems". Even if Delta decides to spin off Comair, it won't be bacause we're a problem it will be because Delta is desparate for cash and Comair is one of few assets that might be capable of raising some much needed cash. The same applies to ASA. After the spin off, if it happens, guess what? Comair will cease to be a subsidiary of Delta but it will simply become a subcontractor of Delta and be controlled by Delta Air Lines indirectly. Delta isn't about to make CMR a truly independent company again any time soon. If we were hurting Delta's bottom line they'd be happy to get rid of us. The way things are now they wouldn't dare to sever the relationship completely. The last thing Delta needs is a competitor in its CVG hub. Why do you think Delta bought Comair in the first place? Nevermind, I don't really expect you to understand that. It's obviously way above your pay grade.

Have a nice day. You can be confident we love you just as much as you love us.

Last edited:
surplus1 said:
If you had wanted unity with us you could have had it on a silver platter. You rejected it, now live with the results of your decision.

Have a nice day. You can be confident we love you just as much as you love us.
We finally agree!

Your idea that the Delta pilots have the right to control the future of Comair pilots is erroneous.

SURPLUS:

I dont give a rats ass what Comair pilots do. My only point is that if you are going to be a bunch of $hit heads, at least have the balls to admit it.

You finally got something right. Our careers were being harmed by airtificial and illegitimate scope restrictions and they still are.

I agree with you there Surplus, record orders for RJ's, hundreds and hundreds of new hires, upgrades out the A$$, more money for everyone, exceeding the planned percentages, oh Boy! I see your point how we damaged your careers. Man you are so right. How could I have not seen this. If you are going to be spoiled A$$ Holes at least have the balls to admit it, "were getting everything, and we want more" Surplus you sound like the idiot that you are.

We are looking out for ourselves and we will continue to do so.

Exactly my point idiot. You all are the most hated pilot group in the country for a reason. You all are a bunch of militant A$$es who cant even recognize just how two faced you all are. Yeah Surplus you all are looking out for yourselves, at the price of the ASA pilots.

Once again, I believe what I believe, Comair pilots are looking really stupid right now.

To close, I will point out once again, as DCI continued to add more and more RJs, DELTA LOST MORE AND MORE MONEY!!! Also we ran away all our DFW passengers. It's a fact, I believe what I believe!!!

good thing it's a fact that you believe what you believe because many don't believe what you believe, yet if you didn't believe what you believed it might be easier for those who didn't believe what you believed to believe what you didn't believe!

:D :confused:

20 plus pages of the same ole sh1t! Many years ago I reallized that you will never win an argument with a woman. I decided that I would A)never initiate an argument with a woman and B)if I still found myself in an argument with a woman I would nod my head and smile and say "yes dear". Now I am not sure which one of you is the broad, you all sound like a bunch of winey chicks to me, but could someone just nod their head and smile and MOVE ON TO SOMETHING ELSE!

Latest resources

Back