• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair exit poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We at ASA had better pass a Comair Plus or there is going to be a problem!! Forget this LAME idea of retirement and get more cash and a better match on 401...look what is happening to the legacy carriers right now with all of their retirement! Comair Plus Baby!!!

Tomct said:
We at ASA had better pass a Comair Plus or there is going to be a problem!! Forget this LAME idea of retirement and get more cash and a better match on 401...look what is happening to the legacy carriers right now with all of their retirement! Comair Plus Baby!!!

I agree completely on the retirement thing. I don't trust management with my retirement money. Just think about how often you see a story in the news about some company that has raided its pension fund and left the employees holding the bag. Give me a good match on my 401k and I'll take it from there. The only person I trust with my money is me. Besides, look out there at the rest of the business world. There are very few companies that have pension plans for employees most just do the 401k with a good match.

this is insane.... PILOTS DONT BUY AIRPLANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS NOT YOUR FREAKING JOB.

I can understand if you are a very JR CPTN or an FO that is not moving very much and you want to see some growth.. I understand that because I am an FO that has not moved anywhere but backwards in the 3 years I have been at ASA...

What all you voters have to remember is that the " NEW AIRPLANES" that Fred is promising you are already being painted with Comair paint.... BEFORE YOU ALL VOTE. THEY know where the Planes are going.. two examples:

Flying Tigers in 1980... The management promised the pilots growth for concessions, but what the pilots did not know was the planes were on the ramp accross the airport being painted Tigers colors before they voted...

ASA 2003 RFP.. We were asked for concessions for some new airplanes.. There were about 32 total... WE SAID NO and guess what we still got 25 of them.. and now they are talking about changing them to 70 seaters..

PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD VOTE NO

av8tor4239 said:
this is insane.... PILOTS DONT BUY AIRPLANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS NOT YOUR FREAKING JOB.

I can understand if you are a very JR CPTN or an FO that is not moving very much and you want to see some growth.. I understand that because I am an FO that has not moved anywhere but backwards in the 3 years I have been at ASA...

What all you voters have to remember is that the " NEW AIRPLANES" that Fred is promising you are already being painted with Comair paint.... BEFORE YOU ALL VOTE. THEY know where the Planes are going.. two examples:

Flying Tigers in 1980... The management promised the pilots growth for concessions, but what the pilots did not know was the planes were on the ramp accross the airport being painted Tigers colors before they voted...

ASA 2003 RFP.. We were asked for concessions for some new airplanes.. There were about 32 total... WE SAID NO and guess what we still got 25 of them.. and now they are talking about changing them to 70 seaters..

PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD VOTE NO

The reason there even was an RFP was because comair said no to concessions to a guarenteed number of a/c. I beleive the number was 55. I forget the exact number but when the rfp results were announced it added up to exactly the same number that ASA, Chautauqua and Skywest were awarded. I think the dojets were in the proposal too. Don't you guys see that if comair signs the deal and gets airplanes they are basically admitting that the company can do well with comair's contract, therefore helping ASA reach a fair contract? IE. comair with freeze +1%. That's the way I see it anyway. I'm tired of expecting other pilot groups to reach the bar comiar set 4 years ago and not even sniffing it. Maybe after the cuts somebody can beat it and we can get this thing going in the right direction again.

A company that cannot afford to pay their empoyees cannot afford to grow!

WTF is the intelegence in this crowd. You guys are going to buy new airplanes before a lot of your coworkers can afford to buy houses!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back