• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair exit poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comair pilots did the right thing by striking and demanding a vastly improved contract. However, no contract is negotiated in a vacuum. I think it would be really, really great if the majority of Comair pilots on this board would quit taking full credit for their gains (even the ones who weren't there during the strike!), without acknowledging how lucky they were, while blaming every other airline out there for "lowering the bar". Please try to understand that, as superior a pilot group as you are :rolleyes: , luck and timing along with a unified pilot group had a great deal to do with your results. A little humility and a lot less finger-pointing would be really nice. Accepting responsibility for your own actions instead of blaming everyone else would be a really mature thing to do. But I won't hold my breath.

If you work for Mesa, CHQ, XJET, AWAC, SkyWest or anybody else that's signed or ammended a contract in the last four years you have no right to tell CMR pilots what they ought to do. Did any of you put it all on the line and try and get CMR plus 1%. Nobody walked. Nobody 'raised the bar'. Nobody got close. CHQ and XJET improved but they still didn't get it done. Now y'all are gonna sit there and scream at me and tell me that I have to uphold the profession. Unreal........

I was not shooting the bullet at any one person or pilot group. I've heard a lot of sacrificing for the good of the company going on. What needs to start happening is that the money needs to start coming from the consumers pocket. Unless I'm getting off and enjoying 5 days next to a pool in the tropics, I F*ing am not paying for fuel. Thats just my feeling behind it.

From the ASA MEC.....
This is your ASA MEC VARS update for 22 Feb, 2005

Item 1 - The skinny on Cinci
There's a new posting on our MEC website that outlines the terms and conditions of a Letter of Agreement Comair pilots will be asked to vote on.

Our MEC has reviewed the proposed LOA, which has been forwarded to the Comair pilots with their MEC's recommendation for ratification. This concessionary LOA was drafted by the Company and the CMR MEC Negotiating Committee. The Comair pilots will have the final vote FOR or AGAINST this LOA.

The ASA MEC does not support this proposed concessionary LOA and believes that this is an attempt by our respective managements to encourage our pilot groups to compete with one another for aircraft by sacrificing the terms of our contracts. The long term negative affects of these concessions are damaging and far outweigh any short-term benefits.

Look closely at the terms and keep in mind that:

Comair’s aircraft leases start to expire in 2008.

There is no fleet guarantee past 2008 in this LOA, the company can retire aircraft at will after 2008. It is unlikely Delta would reduce the Comair fleet anytime before 2008 regardless of this LOA.

The E170 has not been guaranteed.

Just like in the 2003 RFP, we believe these aircraft have already been tentatively placed by Delta for placement with one of the DCI carriers based on the best economical benefit to Delta's economic viability.

Pilots will lose a 4.5% raise on 6/22/05, a yearly 3.1% longevity raise for 2005 and a 3.1% longevity raise in 2006.

Pilots capture back only a 2% raise IF they do not have a new agreement signed by Jan 2008.

Based on negotiating history, a new contract takes about 3 years to amend; so, the Comair pilots will not have pay adjustments to these concessionary terms until about 2010. Based on the example in the LOA they will have to negotiate back about $6-$9/hr to gain back what was given back in this LOA compared to the original unchanged contract.

The above bullet equates to a loss of income per pilot over a 5 year period for a current 2nd year FO of about $23,000.00, a current 5th year CA of about $41,000.00, and a current 10th year CA of about $55,000.00.

The Comair MEC and Negotiating Committee will be conducting road-shows this week to try and explain to the pilots that this is an agreement in the best interest of the pilots' future; a concession for jobs. What do you think?

Is that combative or what? If ASA's MEC doesn't get Comair+1% with that crrapppy attitude, there's gonna be a LOT of crow to eat.

THE COMAIR PILOTS that STRUCK FOR 89 DAYS ARE THE ONLY REASON ASA PILOTS HAVE EVEN CLOSE OF A CHANCE TO GET THE PAY THAT THEY WANT. DON'T GET MAD AT THE COMAIR PILOTS!

Get mad at the undercutters of the industry!!!

Comair pilots ARE NOT UNDERCUTTING ANYONE!!!

Jet

exit poll madness

Strangely enough, about 30% of Florida commuters ended up voting for Buchanan. I didn't think that was one of the choices! :p

Caveman... YOU MAKE ME SICK>. How could you vote yes.. and in the same paragraph preach that you are HOLYER THAN THOU that you walked the line.. TO ME and everyone else you have VOIDED everything that you walked for.. FRED and all the other CRONIES in Management are LAUGHING at you right now... they are poping the tops on thier champaign as they COUNT your DISGUSTING YES VOTE...

WELCOME TO THE TOILET BOWL SPIN TO THE BOTTOM

PS.. i dont ever want to hear you talk S%!t about the Chitaco or Mesa guys again. You have no right...

Latest resources

Back