Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not speculating here, but does Comair get their takeoff data from ACARS or do they sill use the paper format. They might have had numbers for that runway, but the configuration was wrong.

Just a thought, but a sad day for all involved. My condolences to the family's involved.

Piper877 said:
Yeah you need to read some of the facts involved here. The captain had 7 years with ComAir and the FO 4. I think they both were exclusive to the CRJ-200 during their tenure with the company. So more than likely the FO had well in excess of 3000 hours and the captain many many more. Familiarize yourself with the situation before you make comments like that and lets wait to see what the chain of errors reveals here. The CVR should be the most telling component I think.

RIP to all involved in the tragedy.

The FO probably had lots more time than that even. Jim was a Captain and sim instructor at my previous airline. Judging by how long he worked there plus the 4 years at Comair, I would guess that he has in excess of 6,000 hours. This sounds like an extremely experienced crew. Just goes to show that these things can happen to any of us.

RIP to all killed in this accident. My thoughts and prayers are with Jim and the families.

P.S. Anyone know how well Jim is doing after the surgery? I knew him pretty well when we both worked at GIA. Great guy and very proficient pilot. I hope he makes it out ok.

Dubya said:
I challenge all of you to close your mouths, bow your heads and repeat after me....

Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

Amen.

PCL_128 said:
The FO probably had lots more time than that even. Jim was a Captain and sim instructor at my previous airline. Judging by how long he worked there plus the 4 years at Comair, I would guess that he has in excess of 6,000 hours. This sounds like an extremely experienced crew. Just goes to show that these things can happen to any of us.

FYI, I heard the capt was 34 or 35 and the FO was 44 I think.

ArcticFlier said:
If they got pulled off their original trip and got reflowed, it very well could have been reduced rest, no?

AF :cool:

It's possible, but Comair's president said the crew had "more than adequate" or "well in excess" of the required rest that they needed in his first public address. I forget which term he used.

Dubya said:
..............bow your heads and repeat after me....

Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

Now I request the mod's to end this thread on a solemn note and stop the name calling and bickering.

W

Done.

AF :cool:

My thoughts are with the family and the people lost in this terrible tradegy, God speed to all...

When rescuers reached it, the plane was largely intact but in flames. A police officer burned his arms dragging the only survivor from the cracked cockpit.

can anyone say HERO

god bless to all the familys

Question: How long has Lexington been in Comair's route structure?

No doubt the investigators will try to determine how familiar the crew was with the airport through company records.

Sympathies to all the families and friends of passengers and crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back