Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Local news here in KY reports the wrong runway theory, and the one survivor (but then also 50 fatalities). They report that there was a loud boom and a "fireball"... But the aircraft remained "largely intact." Hard to really say what happened.

liz289101 said:
Local news here in KY reports the wrong runway theory, and the one survivor (but then also 50 fatalities). They report that there was a loud boom and a "fireball"... But the aircraft remained "largely intact." Hard to really say what happened.

deleted,.

n32jk said:
The best advice I have seen on this or any aviation board.

From several years of air safety work I can assure you. Anyone who rushes out to share first hand knowledge, usually isn't very knowledgable. Eye witnesses are usually legally blind. Reliable sources aren't. Logical conclusions are usually personal theories. Aviation EXPERTS are defined as EX= has been. Spirt= drip under pressure.

Best to focus thoughts and prayers for the families.

And a little special prayer for the people who have the unenviable task of investigating the accident in a professional manner. They give up a piece of their very soul for a greater good for all of us.

Joe

Well said Joe, my condolences and thoughts are with their families.

Of course you need to take witness accounts with a grain of salt, but the lound bang and flash could have been an engine. The 100 / 200 has no fadec, so if they were firewalled, bad things happen. Pure speculation.

GodSpeed Comair 5191

Can a full CRJ 200 depart on a 3500 foot runway with a light headwind as has been reported? I know our ATR can do it.

Travis152 said:
It is on the local news here in Lex, KY. They have a "reliable source" that said they took off from 26 not 22, Rwy 26 is only 3,500 where as 22 is 7,000.

You have to cross the end of 26 to get to 22.

And Taxiway A is closed right where I takes you to the end of 22, I was flying out of that airport just yesterday in the Lear

av8tor4239 said:
Can a full CRJ 200 depart on a 3500 foot runway with a light headwind as has been reported? I know our ATR can do it.

Without being there, who knows. However there is a big difference between a straight wing turbo prop and a swept wing jet that also happens to have a super critical wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back