• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
jehtplane said:
My guess would be that information has already been removed

I've got several friends that jumpseat out of LEX, hoping this isn't the day for that.

Didn't mean to post looking for morbid details about non-revs...

What a sad day...God Bless all

22 and 26 are close I watched a Delta MD80 line up for take off on 26 ..Tower caught it. Afraid it would be easy to do.

Stifler's Mom said:
Heard the debris field is off that runway too. I hope they didn't get confused on taxi out. You have to cross the beginning of 26 to get to the south runway.

Is 3500 feet enough for a fully loaded 50 seater? You get a few thousand feet down that and realize you're on the wrong runway, well, I just hope that's not what they're talking about.

Adding to the confusion is weather. A loop radar plot from MSN Weather \ Lexington Ky\ shows the tail end of a line of weather going through LEX at about 06:00 am. Rain reduced visibility could mask runway ident or windshear after departure. Obviously too soon to speculate, but wx could have been a contributing factor.

God Speed and RIP for all involved.

I almost flipped out watching CNN. They had a "veteran" pilot talking about how he believes this might be a CG error due to the increased amount of luggage on the airplanes with the security issues. I seriously wanted to call CNN and give them an ear full, but whatever. God bless.

Just said that the one survivor might be the pilot or copilot....The fuselage is pretty much intact. But the fire is what really....

Guys,

Let's hold off on the armchair crash investigation for now.

My prayers to the families and to my Comair colleagues.

Last edited:
God Bless the victims and their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back