Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I checked DeltaNet, there weren't any non-revs listed. Curious if there was a jumpseater, why he/she was up front.

My deepest condolences to everyone. A wakeup call to us all. Always hold your loved ones close because you never know if your family will wake up one morning completely devastated and having to watch it on our country's scumbag media. Any bets on who will have Mary Sciavo on first? God bless everyone in the Comair and Delta family. You are in our prayers.

SilverandSore said:
Well I checked DeltaNet, there weren't any non-revs listed. Curious if there was a jumpseater, why he/she was up front.

My guess would be that information has already been removed

eaglefly said:
A lot of talk the aircraft departed RWY 26 in error - it is only about 3500 FT. long.

Mistake possible to make, the runways ends are very close together. I hope this one wasn't pilot error.

Wouldn't the tower have caught that? Or is it part-time?

ReportCanoa said:
Where did you hear that?

It is on the local news here in Lex, KY. They have a "reliable source" that said they took off from 26 not 22, Rwy 26 is only 3,500 where as 22 is 7,000.

You have to cross the end of 26 to get to 22.

eaglefly said:
A lot of talk the aircraft departed RWY 26 in error - it is only about 3500 FT. long.

Heard the debris field is off that runway too. I hope they didn't get confused on taxi out. You have to cross the beginning of 26 to get to the south runway.

Its a good thing MSNBC woke up Mary Schavio. She is very knowledgeable on all aviation subjects. Perhaps she and Myles O'Brien, from CNN, could go to the crash site and control the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back