Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dallas

Good questions richman,

ALSO anyone in the 11th and 18th classes: Did establishment planning give any new news on the possible Dallas base? New cruddy rumors are that it probably won't happen now. Anyone else have any news on this?

Jetflyer

Dallas is still a moving target. That is a quote from the VP of flight operations. Personally, I don't think it will happen. I work in training and we were told Jan it will be hot and heavy. I was at the sim building tonite and I heard 500 pilots next year. Previously the word was 350. They have accelerated deliveries for Jan. We will have another pilot base, but your guess is as good as mine where it will be.
Rumors are SLT and LAS.

How long now has there been a rumour based on inside 411 from a high up source that Comair is going to SLC?

If you consider Randy Radamacher high up, then that would be it. Yes, I meant slc, excussssssse me! We will have another base and it will be next year. Randy said we will bo going into SLC next year but the question is will it be a baee. The talk is they want RJ service at LAX, and we would be based at SLC instead of LAX . We are taking 36 new aircraft next year, and with cha taking over MCO, it makes sense.
We would have a minimum of 20 aircraft based out there. Skywest DCI is not growing much, evident by the low number of DCI aircraft they are getting next year, especially compared to ours, and LEO has stated there is a lot of markets out west that are still underserved.

I will believe it when I see it. Its been along time in the making. I have been hearing about you boys coming out West for awhile now. Everyone quotes some higher up as saying it. Perhaps it will happen, but I wouldn't hang my hat on it. Rumours are wrong far more than they are right. Should you come out west however I will be professional and friendly to all crews. As a matter of fact I know of a few routes I wouldn't mind giving to someone else, Butte Montana in the dead of winter comes to mind as does SNA on a rainy day behind a 757. I understand, and am perhaps wrong that you guys do FL8 departures, and are not allowed FL20 departures. If so, I would be more believing that you are coming out west when you buy the data for it and train for them in the sim rather than some wind up from corporate telling you what you want to hear. No animosity, just tired of rumours.

I just checked the company web site, to use the wording of the document, In addition to the jets for the UA side we have orders for 29 "unifilliated" jets. Those are above and beyond what UA wanted (at least up until ERP signing) They have to go to one or the other, so descent growth on the Delta side cannot be counted out.

Last edited:
We do Flaps 20 departures most of the time. I believe we only do Flaps8 at higher altitude airports when we flew into LAS and into Mexico. I'm not sure how many western airports we have in the rwy analysis manual right now, but we have the Lo Enroutes for SoCal in our Jepps.

Thanks for setting me straight on the flaps. We have plates for Cincy and ATL. I doubt we will ever see both. Would like to make it to a Reds game tho.
Shafted, thanks for your insight.

Latest resources

Back