Comair canceling interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flighttime

I heard today that Comair is going to cancel interviews and not schedule anymore. Anyone else know anything about it? Delta bankruptcy coming real soon?

Last edited:
Probably. Also might park some planes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Who knows?

I did meet a Comair new hire just starting basic indoc in CVG this week, so they are still running classes as of right now.

Interviews? Dunno. Upcoming classes....seems to be the case.

General Lee, that's very smug of you to put that smiley face on your post. I pity those that revel in the misfortunes of others. And don't come back to me with Comair this, Delta that. It makes no difference. Be a man and grow a pair.

Yes, they are cancelling all new hire classes until further notice. Got the call today. I was told Delta was not renewing some of the flying with them. I imagine the Delta pilots will be happy as they seem to not like Comair.

DGdaPilot said:
Interviews? Dunno. Upcoming classes....seems to be the case.

General Lee, that's very smug of you to put that smiley face on your post. I pity those that revel in the misfortunes of others. And don't come back to me with Comair this, Delta that. It makes no difference. Be a man and grow a pair.

That isn't a smiley face. Look at it again. It is more like a "oh well" type face. Notice I haven't put my normal smiley face on here in a long time. Not much to be smiling about, and I know that too. You are wrong.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ok, my mistake....but I think that "Joe Cool" smiley face is not going to give off the impression you want.

finnjl said:
Yes, they are cancelling all new hire classes until further notice. Got the call today. I was told Delta was not renewing some of the flying with them. I imagine the Delta pilots will be happy as they seem to not like Comair.

No one is really happy about parking or stopping flying with any airplanes. I would rather see more planes than less. The fact is that we at mainline have parked a lot more planes and furloughed many many pilots, and the CRJs grew. Our situation didn't get better, it got worse. The 50 seat RJ has a very high CASM, and also the feed carriers (SkyWest and CHQ notably) got a "pass" when it came to higher fuel prices. We were paying the difference in price of fuel---even when fuel hit all time highs. We, not them, paid for it. So, we have 50 seat RJs competing with LCCs on many routes, and we are paying for the extra high gas prices. (My SkyWest buddy is SLC read me an article from some guy named Ron Reber----stating that very fact---that they were "insulated" from high gas prices). That is a joke. So, parking a few RJs may help our overall situation (not entirely, though). We also will be parking many 737-200s, 733s, and 762s--so we are not immune either.

I don't like seeing any pilots out of work, but something has to be done about the high cost RJs. Maybe more 70 seaters will go to DCI eventually, but the 50 seaters aren't doing it unless they fly to cities not served by any LCCs. And, they are growing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

DGdaPilot said:
Ok, my mistake....but I think that "Joe Cool" smiley face is not going to give off the impression you want.

That may be how you see it, but I don't see it that way.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back