Comair canceling interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
goodpilotithink said:
They have been postponed pending an announcement from Delta. It will be the middle of this week or next.
I am thinking we have been sold. Something is up.

I have a sibling that works for Delta and was told there is a huge announcement on Thursday. More paycuts, DOH of 98 or junior will be hosed, parking of some MD-88's. This is just the "rumor" going around mainline so don't quote me on any of this.

I'd welcome the Delta furloughees with open arms to the 170. I'm sure I'd learn lots from their years of mainline experience.

Caveman said:
Spinproof,

I know you are trying to help but please get the facts right. Our MEC never requested that anyone resign their seniority. We have always welcomed furloughees from any airline. Our COMPANY had a long standing policy of requiring seniority resignation from ALL furloughed pilots, not just DAL. Sometimes they enforced it, sometimes they didn't. Our MEC and the pilots had no say in the matter.

A couple of years back the DAL MEC approached our MEC to inquire about the resignation policy. He wanted our support in trying to get it changed. Our MEC said fine, but while you are here let's talk about a few things. The response from the DAL MEC was basically sit down, be quiet and do what we tell you or we'll broadcast to the world that the CMR pilots are preventing DAL furloughees from getting hired.

Last year or so the CMR MEC did send a letter to all concerned stating clearly that we did and always have supported the hiring of DAL furloughees. GL and his ilk don't like the facts so they keep up the false drumbeat that CMR pilots prevented DAL furlougheees from getting hired at CMR.

Sorry I was misinformed as many seem to be on this subject. Thanks for setting me straight on this issue. Hopefully others will find this as enlightning as I have!

Last edited:
"Going forward, we must continue to stay focused on operational integrity, customer service excellence and a winning growth strategy," said President Fred Buttrell. "To survive, we must also become one of the low-cost providers of Delta Connection flying. Doing that will give us the opportunity to secure a winning growth strategy while helping Delta -- our partner and parent company -- at the same time."

Latest resources

Back