• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair canceling interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That has to be one of the dumbest post i have ever seen. Where do you get the idea that any comair pilot is looking forward to the idea of delta going into BK. Only a complete idiot would make such a statement.

Come back and make a decent post when you have some facts, don't just blurt out the first childish thing that pops into your head.

While some might not be living in reality, comair has not seen growth for years. The recent joke of an loa was supposed to provide some growth, but besides that not much has happened at comair in a long time. Anyone that thinks bk is going to be a good thing is a total idiot.

StaySeated said:
While some might not be living in reality, comair has not seen growth for years. The recent joke of an loa was supposed to provide some growth, but besides that not much has happened at comair in a long time. Anyone that thinks bk is going to be a good thing is a total idiot.

At least Comair has not shrunk by over 3000 pilots, like mainline. You guys have been growing or at least holding small growth while almost every carrier has shrunk and furloughed. I do agree with you on BK.

flighttime said:
Skywest, Express Jet, ASA, American Eagle, Chautauqua, TSA,

CHQ is going to feel a little pain to as Freedom is slowly going to start replacing their 145 flying.

Jetsetter said:
At least Comair has not shrunk by over 3000 pilots, like mainline. You guys have been growing or at least holding small growth while almost every carrier has shrunk and furloughed.
True, but 2,000 (or more) of those pilots left Delta holding $1,000,000 to $3,000,000. in cash and some are still flying the line for better than $250,000 a year because Delta is understaffed in some seats.

It is not pretty for anyone, but the Delta pilots voted to keep us separate, they voted to allow their senior guys to come back while their junior brothers were on the street. For the majority of the Delta pilots they got what they voted for and if they invest their millions properly they are more than set for life.

I'd be glad to retire in my early fifties with a couple of million.

And don't get the feeling that growth has been "explosive" at all ends of DCI. I got to enjoy reserve for over 3 years and probably will get to enjoy some more in the near future. It has been the non wholly owned's (non ALPA) carriers like CHQ and SkyWest who are enjoying the sub 24 month Captain upgrades.

Why am I on this board, I need to be filling out applications.....

General Lee said:
'96 hire. (2500 Captains left in 14 months--200 yesterday)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Had dinner with a friend who is a CVG MD captain the other week and at only 53 the buyout he was offered was in the neighborhood of $640,000, out of sheer curiousity what would the buyout be a 86-89 DOH in the 75/76 or 77 for that matter?. We both were assuming in the 1.2-1.5 range?.

I wish you guys the best, mainline flying should be done by mainline equipment by mainline pilots.

It is going to be a rough road ahead, USAirways, American and United have been in their "cost cutting" programs 1-2 years longer than Delta. USAirways and United have terminated their "defined benefit" retirement plans and Delta is still obligated and paying.

Jerry has been through bankruptcy before and I feel certain he will not hesitate to go there again, he is 72 years old. I don't know how he can work like he is anyway. Maybe he's suffering from dementia.

good luck GL

3 5 0

my instructor schedule is the same for september.....The classes are just smaller than they were originally planned. There is a newhire class every week this month.

Waco

Latest resources

Back