• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair canceling interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I should of stuck with ASA when they closed the base in DFW...got mad and made a career change....hated new job......got hired by Comair.....Class cancelled a week prior to attending.....I love being back in the airline business

finnjl said:
I should of stuck with ASA when they closed the base in DFW...got mad and made a career change....hated new job......got hired by Comair.....Class cancelled a week prior to attending.....I love being back in the airline business

So the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence? Maybe some of the malcontents here at ASA will listen to you. Things could be worse here....

At least I still have an interview with ASA....this is why you never burn your bridges when you leave a company....

ASADriver.....working at ASA was not as bad as it seems compared to real jobs.....I used to get mad when crew scheduling would call me in to work when I had been setting around the house for a week doing nothing and getting paid. I did not realize how good I had it until I worked a different job.

Last edited:
finnjl said:
At least I still have an interview with ASA....this is why you never burn your bridges when you leave a company....

ASADriver.....working at ASA was not as bad as it seems compared to real jobs.....I used to get mad when crew scheduling would call me in to work when I had been setting around the house for a week doing nothing and getting paid. I did not realize how good I had it until I worked a different job.

finnjl,
Good luck to you. I would like to have you back here at ASA. Some of our pilots should read this post. It speaks for itself.

General Lee said:
No one is really happy about parking or stopping flying with any airplanes. I would rather see more planes than less. The fact is that we at mainline have parked a lot more planes and furloughed many many pilots, and the CRJs grew. Our situation didn't get better, it got worse. The 50 seat RJ has a very high CASM, and also the feed carriers (SkyWest and CHQ notably) got a "pass" when it came to higher fuel prices. We were paying the difference in price of fuel---even when fuel hit all time highs. We, not them, paid for it. So, we have 50 seat RJs competing with LCCs on many routes, and we are paying for the extra high gas prices. (My SkyWest buddy is SLC read me an article from some guy named Ron Reber----stating that very fact---that they were "insulated" from high gas prices). That is a joke. So, parking a few RJs may help our overall situation (not entirely, though). We also will be parking many 737-200s, 733s, and 762s--so we are not immune either.

I don't like seeing any pilots out of work, but something has to be done about the high cost RJs. Maybe more 70 seaters will go to DCI eventually, but the 50 seaters aren't doing it unless they fly to cities not served by any LCCs. And, they are growing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

Remember one thing. With Skywest strictly under contract for Delta, this is something you can put the blame on your own company for the fuel issue. Who is in control here when a fee per departure contract is worked out? Sure as hell isnt Skywest. Final call is made is ATL and not SGU as to what the contract is going to read. After all, Delta is the one with the money right? So if Delta has to eat the fuel costs in this kind of contract, dont blame Skywest....

same old GL

general, shouldn't you be more concerned about your lost pension and upcoming paycut than to laugh at the Comair guys who could be parking planes. They will be the ones flying the 100+ seaters when your scope vanishes before your smug azz smile.

So how are those DCA guys going to get that guaranteed interview they paid a 100k for?

flaps30 said:
general, shouldn't you be more concerned about your lost pension and upcoming paycut than to laugh at the Comair guys who could be parking planes. They will be the ones flying the 100+ seaters when your scope vanishes before your smug azz smile.

Laiughing at Comair guys? Huh? Here we go again, same old Flaps 30 who doesn't know krap. I am just repeating from what I heard from the last Incommand session on Aug 10th--where Grinstein spoke. As far as the pension---I really don't care if it goes away, I won't be getting one. The guys who could take half of their lump sum have left the building. IF they didn't leave with their million dollars, too bad. We have had 2500 Captains leave in 14 months. 200 left today (Sept 1st). That is 200 widebody Captains. Upcoming pay cuts? Yup. But I can already hold Captain on the MD88, and even with the parking of some planes, I will probably hold 777 FO or 767-400 FO in ATL flying to Hawaii. Pay raises for both of those from my current pay, and with a pay cut it may come out about even. That's what happens when you lose 2500 Captains in 14 months. And you say what about scope? We may lose some, probably. But, you and I have no clue if there will be 100 seaters or if there will be more 70 seaters, which will likely replace all of the 50 seaters you may park. How long will it take to replace them? Good question. Do you know? Also, we just settled on a new 737-700 pay rate during our last round, and even Grinstein recently said we would love to have a bunch of those eventually to serve Central America---immediate profits too (no LCCs currently there---except TACA) Those carry how many people? I really don't know---125? So, again, please tell me how many DCI 100 seaters would be ordered if we still ordered a bunch of 125 seat 737-700s? Good question. Also, Comair probably wouldn't get ANY OF THE POSSIBLE 100 SEATERS.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
gl

you're so.... strange. I'll bet you're one of those guys who wears his hat while eating chow, come on admit it.
I don't care what aircraft you fly or where, your answer only proves how self-centered you really are.

General why do you think we cant get the 100 seaters? I guess you rather they go to MESA. Spoke with one of the captains in the interview comm. and he says they want to put 2 classes a week for 3 weeks in September so I dont know what to tell you guys. Uba757

Latest resources

Back