Colgan ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
heywatchthis said:
Does anyone know if the crews will be out-station based on the Continental side, or will everyone be based at Houston?

As a new hire, if you choose the Continental side, where can you expect to be based?

I thought i heard Del Rio being a base. I have no idea where it is, but thats what i heard.

blackbox said:
I thought i heard Del Rio being a base. I have no idea where it is, but thats what i heard.

Mexican Food there is probably really tasty!

Bye Bye--Senior Lee

Regional_Pilot said:
DONT GO TO COLGAN!!! IT SUCKS THERE!! THESE HAVE BEEN THE WORST 8 MONTHS OF MY LIFE!!

Awwwww Shaddaaaap! WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING? ARE YOU TRYING TO SHOUT OVER THE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD? I'm assuming that you're at Colgan, and if you are, then wouldn't you advise people not to go "here", to Colgan?

If you don't like it, go somewhere else! Oh wait, you can't, because you're underqualified for anything else and you're b*tching that Colgan had given you an opportunity to fly for a 121 company when you had, what, 700 hours? I know of a 135 operation in Northern Indiana that will pay you nothing while you work your a$$ off and take it up the tailpipe. PM me if you need thier phone number. At least there you wouldn't have time to b*tch on the internet. Good luck with that attitude.

Shy

Last edited:
Shy

When do you start training?

I hope you can keep a good attitude this time next year. Give it time.. You'll see why people are screaming.

Good luck

chperplt said:

Um... Reciently.

As far as the attitude, when you've been to the bottom, you tend to have a much better attitude when someone gives you an opportunity to get out. MLK once said, "I have been to the mountaintop!" SFG just said, "I have been to the bottom of the dogpile." If my attitude ever gets rotton, or even starts that way, I'm just going to think back to the days of yore.

Thanks for the well-wishes, I'm looking forward to being a part of the team.

Shy

Does colgan ever overnight? With the new cal agreement, will they be doing overnights? Also, do you get pass benes on CAL if you're flying the saab? just curious....

ShyFlyGuy said:
Awwwww Shaddaaaap! WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING? ARE YOU TRYING TO SHOUT OVER THE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD? I'm assuming that you're at Colgan, and if you are, then wouldn't you advise people not to go "here", to Colgan?

If you don't like it, go somewhere else! Oh wait, you can't, because you're underqualified for anything else and you're b*tching that Colgan had given you an opportunity to fly for a 121 company when you had, what, 700 hours? I know of a 135 operation in Northern Indiana that will pay you nothing while you work your a$$ off and take it up the tailpipe. PM me if you need thier phone number. At least there you wouldn't have time to b*tch on the internet. Good luck with that attitude.

Shy

For some of the guys it really does suck here, but you're right, there are plenty of places that suck a$$ way more .... try one of the 135 cargo outfits on for a week and you'll think Colgan is heaven ....

Atccfi said:
Does colgan ever overnight? With the new cal agreement, will they be doing overnights? Also, do you get pass benes on CAL if you're flying the saab? just curious....

once in a blue moon, maybe, yes

chperplt said:
Shy

I hope you can keep a good attitude this time next year. Give it time.. You'll see why people are screaming.

Good luck

Then after 6+ years they'll end up like me.......useless as T*Ts on a bull.

Atccfi said:

Yes, but not many and yes on the CAL side starting in April (DRT/SJT) TYR will become a crew base in April and you'll do a few in the NE. The Continental Passes are only good for those who work on the CAL side of things. If you work on the US side, you don't get the CAL passes and vice versa. This does't apply to the jumseat agreement. Colgan can j/s on both US and CAL regardless of which side you fly on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back