Colgan ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Atccfi said:
Does colgan ever overnight? With the new cal agreement, will they be doing overnights? Also, do you get pass benes on CAL if you're flying the saab? just curious....
They do assign TDY in Houston pretty regularly. It is rare in the northeast, although not unheard of. The benes are for the airline you're flying for that week (all Saab newhires are trained for both systems, because there are US Air and CAL Saabs).

Shy

How do they do this? Do they give out two ID's to people? What about all the USair stuff on the uniforms? Will they let a guy with a USair ID from the northeast just fly in the CAL system for a few days and then go back to USAir?

They do give out two ID's. As for the uniforms, they are in the process of standardizing the uniform to just a Colgan Uniform for both East Coast and Houston.

Well i regret to hear that i wasn't informed on this. I wanted to provide some input on the new uniform. In light of the FAA around every third leg i do....i want something that doesn't have "crew member" written all over it. Something that is all black would be cool. I want it to come with a ski mask as well. No more regular pilot hats. Ski mask would be better, SYR, BOS...it would be great for the wind. Also, it would be good for when you walk by the CHQ ERJ's. It's so embarassing when you walk by and the FO recognizes you from flight school. "haha, look where XXXXX ended up" If he can't make me out, then he can't say that, which is benifical to me. I need him to not know who I am. What if the bastard tells his friends where I work and what I fly? I can't have that. Even worse when that EMB145, or emb170 FO was one of your ex-students. The ski mask would put an end to that problem real quick. It's real bad when you see him going for his cell phone, or calling the FA up from the back. I can't read lips, but i am a good guesser of conversation. "My old instructor is still in the kingair!!??" Where did he go left when he should have gone right? Poor soul. I want the new unform to also come with one of those hip pouch hand warmer things that NFL quarterbacks get. How cool would that be?? A man can dream can't he?

Hey Shyguy are you off your meds

Hey Shy,

I understand the lowest rung of the proverbial aviation food chain is occupied by Colgan "Thunderchicken" err I mean B1900 FO's but you need not talk for everybody. I have my problems with Colgan as does anyone else who works here, at times. The best thing I heard someone say, its not for everybody, but if you value being home every night especially if you live at your base its a reasonable QOL. I know the pays not the greatest but guys have bought decent houses on these "peanut" wages. Yes there is a distinction between Colgan Mainline(saab) and Colgan Express(beech) as unfortunate as that is its just a fact of life especially when beech FO's were getting jobs with more time snooping through mommy's Victoria's Secret Catalog than in their logbooks. Next time you or any other lowtime individuals complain, realize that some of us had get 400 to 500 hours TT just to qualify for a paying job flying C152s around in circles. I am not complaining about earning my way, I'm just saying me personally am a better person for it and appreciate more where I am today. While it may get bad at Colgan I think back to the days of flying that soda can with wings at a 1000 feet with the windows open and my sandels off in a 100 degree heat and realize it could be a heck of a lot worse.

"Hey Santa, can I fix you some sanwiches?" - T.M.

Trying to get in touch with a guy who was at Colgan a couple of years ago. Think he was a CA on the Beech. Initials are V.A.

Anyone help? Thanks.

Thurman Merman said:
Hey Shy,

I understand the lowest rung of the proverbial aviation food chain is occupied by Colgan "Thunderchicken" err I mean B1900 FO's but you need not talk for everybody. I have my problems with Colgan as does anyone else who works here, at times. The best thing I heard someone say, its not for everybody, but if you value being home every night especially if you live at your base its a reasonable QOL. I know the pays not the greatest but guys have bought decent houses on these "peanut" wages. Yes there is a distinction between Colgan Mainline(saab) and Colgan Express(beech) as unfortunate as that is its just a fact of life especially when beech FO's were getting jobs with more time snooping through mommy's Victoria's Secret Catalog than in their logbooks. Next time you or any other lowtime individuals complain, realize that some of us had get 400 to 500 hours TT just to qualify for a paying job flying C152s around in circles. I am not complaining about earning my way, I'm just saying me personally am a better person for it and appreciate more where I am today. While it may get bad at Colgan I think back to the days of flying that soda can with wings at a 1000 feet with the windows open and my sandels off in a 100 degree heat and realize it could be a heck of a lot worse.

Though I agree with most of what you say in this post....you're a moron. Listen, Slaab FO, who do you think you are that you got hired at the right time, when they needed SAAB fos, so you can rag on the 1900 fos? Get a life! Hate to tell you, but the Beech will get you where you want to go just as fast as the SAAB.

Hate to tell you, but the Beech will get you where you want to go just as fast as the SAAB.

If I remember correctly, we could go a little faster than the Saab. Plus, when the Saab broke, we were always there to pick up the slack.

The 1900 is a great airplane!

Thurman Merman said:
Next time you or any other lowtime individuals complain, realize that some of us had get 400 to 500 hours TT just to qualify for a paying job flying C152s around in circles. I am not complaining about earning my way, I'm just saying me personally am a better person for it and appreciate more where I am today.
Thurm, I'm not going to get in a pi$$ing match, because I just don't think you know what you're talking about or perhaps you misspoke, but I haven't complained about Colgan. I'm happy to be here with some of the coolest people I've met, flying with a company who is happy to have me here. I also feel that it is a bit ironic that you are calling me a "low time" pilot. You've got less time in the air than your wife's legs do. I'm not sure why it took you 400-500 hours to get a flight instructor job, sounds fishy to me. If you read my previous posts, you'll see that I am extremely happy to be where I am today also.
While it may get bad at Colgan I think back to the days of flying that soda can with wings at a 1000 feet with the windows open and my sandels off in a 100 degree heat and realize it could be a heck of a lot worse.
Exactly my point in the previous post. I think we're on the same page, am I wrong?

Shy

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back