Colgan ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ShyFlyGuy said:
Thurm, I'm not going to get in a pi$$ing match, because I just don't think you know what you're talking about or perhaps you misspoke, but I haven't complained about Colgan. I'm happy to be here with some of the coolest people I've met, flying with a company who is happy to have me here. I also feel that it is a bit ironic that you are calling me a "low time" pilot. You've got less time in the air than your wife's legs do. I'm not sure why it took you 400-500 hours to get a flight instructor job, sounds fishy to me. If you read my previous posts, you'll see that I am extremely happy to be where I am today also.

Exactly my point in the previous post. I think we're on the same page, am I wrong?

Shy

How do you divide the post up like that? Plus you have that blue box around it. PM me the details please.

earl

It's called a quote.
text [ /quote].. Make sure you don't have the space beween the [ and the /

Or click advanced and the bottom right button on the header is the quote button.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'll second what chperplt said bout the Beech. It's an awesome airplane and truly a pilot's airplane in many ways. Hauls a load of ice, stable instrument platform, simple systems and just great fun to fly. It's my first turbine airplane as a pilot and I've learned a great deal flying it in and out of the mountains of WV.

Regards,

ex-Navy rotorhead

I don't think that high time people always go to the mainline saab. Infact, they seemed to be putting the lower time people into that. I believe one dude went in it the other year with close to 350 total time. The ones that would take longer to build time and what not used to go to the saab. Higher time people sometimes go into the beech because they needed to upgrade them faster. This may be reversed now due to all the saabs coming in. But basically it's luck as to which plane you get. I've heard many stories where the people in the new hire class said it was totally random as to who got chosen to go to mainline. Also depends on who quit the previous week. I never confirmed it, but i believe back when we were PFT one could pay a little more to get the saab. This wasn't the case the whole time we were PFT, but at one time it was. I am not sure if that was fact though. 18K for the beech, 21K for the saab or something like that. Either one seemed to secure the individual with a future RJ job just as well.

Hey sorry didn't mean to rub people the wrong way, and I didn't mean to diss the beech. When I was getting hired I would have welcomed the beech. Its a good airplane and would kick the saabs a$$ in climb cruise and holding 250 until over the fence. I was just saying that out of anybody in the company beech fo's get the raw end of the stick more times than not. And it wasn't flight instructing at 400 TT it was flying air tours and pipeline patrol, due to insurance requirements. I also don't think I'm above any beech drivers, aircraft placement here is hire by need, I just know some extremely low time guys got hired into the beech or people. Most the PFT guys I know are great guys with good attitudes, its the ones that have left and in turn forgot where they came from and how they got there. I just took issue with the whole Colgan sucks, there is a pilot at every airline and if you asked they would say their airline sucked.

Anyway I think a lot of things were taken out of context and I apologize especially for anyone who thought I was dissing the beech. I spent good years flying charter in a king air 200 which is the little bro to the 1900 similar aircraft and systems. If you asked me which one I enjoyed flying the most(saab/beech) hands down it would be the 200. So in closing BEECH pilots I did not mean for it to sound like I was dissing your ride I think its a great airplane and makes for a good pilot.

The venerable beech is the sports car and the saab is the truck. Do you get treated better in the saab? I have not seen any difference. You time out easier though.

The best advice here.........don't answer your phone unless you are on reserve. Caller ID and voicemail are great inventions!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back