• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Godfather said:
Colgan News Update!!!

Feb 17...

Colgan just made a deal to purchase 10 soon to be ex- Chicago Express Saabs. Most of those Saabs are going to Texas with 5 other deliveries coming soon from Eagle, that's 15 total. 2 Saabs were temporarily moved from USAirways to get painted in CAL colors. 2 Saabs painted in the Captain America colors will be used as spares up North til 3 others are painted in USAir colors by April then another 2 will be painted in USAir colors and be up North on line by mid May just in time for ACK-HYA-MVY Season.

Why didn't they just paint the Captain America SAABs in USAir colors to begin with? Was it a paint shop issue? I don't get it.

Last edited:
Turbojet23 said:
Why didn't they just paint the Captain America SAABs in USAir colors to begin with? Was it a paint shop issue? I don't get it.

I think that paint scheme was etched into the sheet metal and can never be removed ...

Colgan TX bases?

but seriously folks... does anyone know which bases Colgan plans for the CONEX operation in TX ? Is it just HOU or are they going to do the outstation thing?

thx!

Hello,

At the moment crew and Mx for the CoEx operation will all be in Houston. Not sure if there are any plans to out-base. Also, someone was wondering about the "evil knevil/Capt. America" livery. Two SAABs will be painted in this livery to facilitate operation in either system. CHQ does the same thing with their "blue tail/white fuselage" ships.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

BLF ROCKS!

What's the latest scoop on QOL/working conditions at Colgan?

What are the chances of getting on the TX side vice the NE for new hires?

caravelle said:
What's the latest scoop on QOL/working conditions at Colgan?

What are the chances of getting on the TX side vice the NE for new hires?

QOL and working are about the same as any other regional...not the best or worst...could be better. Most lines 12-14 days off average with 70-75 hr flying. New hire chances of getting Texas are 50/50. Looks like a majority of new hires will end up in TX but if you want the NE, you can get that as well. You will be locked in 1 year minimum in either spot before you can transfer + sign a training contract. Upgrade will be very fast if you have Saab Type and or 121 PIC time. Several Saab Captains have left or will leave soon for greener pastures and off street captain hiring for both a/c has started. Several ex-windy City crews have already been hired both Capt. and FO.

Tyler Texas opens as a crew base April 30 in addition to IAH. Abilene and Shreveport are being mentioned as next crew bases to open in June. More than likely there will be more out station crew basing for the CO ops.

Last edited:
Thanks Padrino. At this point I have an open mind and flexible attitude. Just happy to be here.

How are Colgan's upgrade times? Do you think they'll change with the TX operation and influx of CHI CAs?

we have been the only regional to upgrade in a period of 7-8 months to 1 and half yrs..its been like that for the last 5 yrs....no others come close...

caravelle said:
Thanks Padrino. At this point I have an open mind and flexible attitude. Just happy to be here.

How are Colgan's upgrade times? Do you think they'll change with the TX operation and influx of CHI CAs?

Upgrade is around 2000TT 500 in type but that will probably change as the mad scramble to fill slots has begun. Like I said, most of the Saab Captain hiring will be coming from Chicago Ex in addition to the Beech Transitions and Saab FO upgrades. 200+ new hires will be on this year with about 60 already hired.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back