Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Found a place to live yet in IAH?

captboy2001 said:
we have been the only regional to upgrade in a period of 7-8 months to 1 and half yrs..its been like that for the last 5 yrs....no others come close...

So when is the caravan from ORF leaving for IAH? Is MS our new ACP?

Last edited:
Godfather said:
Upgrade is around 2000TT 500 in type but that will probably change as the mad scramble to fill slots has begun. Like I said, most of the Saab Captain hiring will be coming from Chicago Ex in addition to the Beech Transitions and Saab FO upgrades. 200+ new hires will be on this year with about 60 already hired.

Still a faster deal than at Comair, right?

psysicx said:
Is the Saab more senior then the beech?

There's a single seniority list, up until the new street saab captains most of the top 90 or so pilots were saab captains with a few exemptions for the guys that live in beech bases and will never move. From there follow mostly Beech captains and senior Saab FOs and then a mis of Saab and Beech FOs, and now behind them are the new hires and street captains.

So in a way yes the Saab is a senior deal, unless you come in as a street captain into it, then you'll be junior to most of the people you fly with for a while, the way it works is that you normally start out as either a Beech or Saab FO, if you're on the Beech it's a quick upgrade to Captain, and then a pretty quick transition to Saab Captain, currently somewhere around a year and a half to two years for the entire deal, maybe faster with all the new movement. If you start out as a Saab FO the upgrade is about a year and a half to two years, same thing. So all in all, Beech and Saab new hires get to the left seat in the Saab close to about the same time.

Hope that answers the question.

Important note about Colgan seniority...

A new pilot with Colgan will probably get a line directly out of training because they have 4 or 5 crews per base. The lines are (were in my case) very similar. The senior people may get weekends or a couple more days off. The important thing to note is that in my experience as a beech FO, everyone sat reserve ragrdless of seniority.

Correct - though it's fairly uncommon for the top 2 of 4 lines to have more than two or so days of reserve. It all depends on how fat or short they are on a particular position, e.g. Beech FOs, Saab CAs, etc.

As soon as new hires realize that:

1) you are conceivably on the hook for 16 hours from your show time, regardless of what your schedule says, and
2) though you end up back at your base the vast majority of the time, be prepared to turn your underwear inside-out several times a year,

they are much happier. And enjoyable to fly with.

I just got the call from Chuck Colgan for an interview on Thursday, Feb 24. He asked how I like Houston. I've got quite a bit of time, so I don't want to be stuck in the right seat for a year, is there a possibility of upgrading into the 1900 sooner? I'd take a type in either, but I assume the 1900 would be quicker.

Thanks,

Shy

Any idea what the sim scenario is in Houston?

For those who don't know, word has it that SkyWest has been flying the Houston runs in the RJ and CAL took bids from everyone and Colgan won, so they've got to be up and running on March 26th? I don't remember the exact date, but it's around a month from now.

Here's a route map of the current SkyWest runs will give you an idea of what Colgan is going to run... http://www.skywest.com/media/rm_img/continental_72.gif. Hope that helps.

Shy

I originally responded to the post above, but then I noticed the word "sim" up there... I'm retarded. Quit reading the fine print.

Last edited:
ShyFlyGuy said:
For those who don't know, word has it that SkyWest has been flying the Houston runs in the RJ and CAL took bids from everyone and Colgan won, so they've got to be up and running on March 26th? I don't remember the exact date, but it's around a month from now.

Here's a route map of the current SkyWest runs will give you an idea of what Colgan is going to run... http://www.skywest.com/media/rm_img/continental_72.gif. Hope that helps.

Shy

I originally responded to the post above, but then I noticed the word "sim" up there... I'm retarded. Quit reading the fine print.

Check here.

http://www.colganair.com/co-routes.htm

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back