Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grey Ghost

God Bless America!
How does Colgan have the nerve to ask for a doctor's note from someone who has not called in sick once in the whole 3 years they have been there? Does this sound familiar to anyone? Has Colgan ever heard of the IM SAFE checklist? I thought our job was transporting people from place to place as safely as possible.... Hey Mikey, is'nt that why you have reserves?

Yep

I know what you mean. Unbelievable, isn't it? I hate to say it, but I have four letters for you....ALPA.

How does Colgan have the nerve to ask for a doctor's note from someone who has not called in sick once in the whole 3 years they have been there? Does this sound familiar to anyone? Has Colgan ever heard of the IM SAFE checklist? I thought our job was transporting people from place to place as safely as possible.... Hey Mikey, is'nt that why you have reserves?

How the fukc would you know what Colgan requires for a sick call? Pi$$ off back to your shiny jet.

It's amazing.... Every time someone tells someone else what an idiot they are, they can't put a complete and proper sentence together themselves. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
called out sick once in a year and a half. no hassle. They only hassle you if they don't happen to have a way to cover the trip that day.

It's amazing.... Every time someone tells someone else what an idiot they are, they can't put a complete and proper sentence together themselves. :laugh:

I love it when a moderator edits a post then fails to accurately convey the point of the initial post. Must have hit a nerve..

Well, the sad fact is that too many people have abused sick days and the companies feel that while they have to trust you with the airplane they can't trus you to behave...especially if they have coverage!

The sick time we have earned with our hard work, is something we have a right too regardless of the reason we need it. Whether its something with family, sick, emotional whatever.....WE HAVE EARNED IT, ITS OUR RIGHT!!!

Latest resources

Back