• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Sick Calls?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have about 25 more vindictive policies you can expect to see in the near future from your new employer. I can't imagine what our policies would look like if we didn't have any contract protections.

How the fukc would you know what Colgan requires for a sick call? Pi$$ off back to your shiny jet.

Who is this? ORF Jack? On a different subject, you are probably one of those guys that thinks it is OK for scheduling to change the block times when they finally realize that its over 8 hours for the day! I guess 10 minute turns are ok for you too! I don't care what type of airplane it is, it takes more than 10 minutes to turn it!!!!!!!! ORF Jack, Just Sign the cards!:nuts:

Last edited:
How does Colgan have the nerve to ask for a doctor's note from someone who has not called in sick once in the whole 3 years they have been there? Does this sound familiar to anyone? Has Colgan ever heard of the IM SAFE checklist? I thought our job was transporting people from place to place as safely as possible.... Hey Mikey, is'nt that why you have reserves?

Do you work for ALPA? Cause I know you don't work for CJC. And why are you being a tool trying to out members? You suck. But don't worry, I've mailed mine.

called out sick once in a year and a half. no hassle. They only hassle you if they don't happen to have a way to cover the trip that day.

That was my point! some guys come on here and say that this is'nt true, but it is!

He's probably part of that "student council" for colgan trying to screw around with the so called movement for ALPA....we need representation now, were getting to big not to have something to make it better. Send them in!!!!

The amount of "coverage" they have should have nothing to do with sick call policy.

Believe me, Pinnacle Corp is not your friend. It is really hard to convey to anyone how little these people think about safety, regs, labor laws, the FAA, or you.

Turbo

Not too many responses to this one....... I guess ORF Jack is speechless! Sign'em!:uzi:

I called in sick yesterday and now I have to fly to HDQ and meet with the chief because I didn't have a doctors note.

I work for an ALPA carrier and we can be asked for a doctor's note. ALPA doesn't solve everything.

ALPA negotiated that if the company wants a doctor's note, they can have it...the company just has to pay for it.

I've heard that hasn't happened much since a pilot called in sick for a severe headache, he was sent to the hospital for a doctor's note, and the doctors gave him an MRI and many other expensive tests to check for brain trauma...

Latest resources

Back